How Realistic are your Flights?

Not so realistic sometimes I fly routes with airlines or airplanes that normally would not exist in real life

1 Like

Ehhhhh I try my best

1 Like

ohh heck yeah i do, i try my hardest to make it real as possible but theres a few routes i do that are not realistic cause the aircraft isnt on IF for example Christchurch to Napier realistic aircraft is the Air New Zealand ATR72-600 i use the Q400 but modoraty of my flights a realistic

1 Like

I always try to do my flights as realistic as possible. I use routes from Simbrief, turn strobe‘s on when entering the runway, turn landing lights off when passing FL100 etc. On long hauls I also do step climbing (exept when I‘m sleeping during the flight). I use realistic vertical speeds. The runway is not always the one used in RL, mostly though. The callsign is the airline and any number, so not 100% realistic. But I only fly routes in IF that are flown in RL as well, and I never use another aircraft or another livery for that route. (For example I wouldn‘t fly EDDL-KATL in a United 787, would only fly this in the Delta 767).

2 Likes

When you do a flight how realistic are you? Very
Do you use the real FPL (or as close as u can get it)? Yes
Do you climb like the real flight? Sort of
Do you use the runways that are being used IRL? Almost Always
Do you use realistic aircraft for that route? Definitely. If not, it’s because the ERJ-145 isn’t in IF
Do you use the real Callsign? no
Do you cruise realistically? I don’t like crashing, so yes

3 Likes

TRUST ME! I do

You can tell off of my post

I first find a flight such as Miami-Paris key details such as

•Follow the exact Callsign
•Do the Same cruise even if it’s like 42,000
•Park at the same gate they park (To Depart/Arrive)
•Go In only cockpit the whole flight( with details like, I switch to cameras that pilots would have “Tail” Etc) no other camera
•It goes on

1 Like

I spend majority of my time Planning

• I start off by researching a real flight with flight aware.
  • I find out where the Gates are between departure and arrival airports. LifeFlight works great for charts and Gate locations.
  • Then of course SIDs and STARs and approach plates.
    I’d like to see how others do their flight planing and use charts.
6 Likes

I still can’t believe how many take off from 09L at EGLL and fly straight out going all the way up to cruise at 349 KIAS claiming to be realistic!!! That’s after they taxi at 34 KTS with all lights on!!

1 Like

… And

Yes!

2 Likes

Mine are very realistic. Sadly IFATC sometimes comes along and ruins the realism

2 Likes

100% realistic. I do like to match the correct route/plane/livery/callsign and will always refer to Flightradar24 for historic playback to match the actual cruise altitude/ speed/ step climb/ flight time and match them as perfectly as possible. Taking a random plane on a random route and flying oddly wouldn’t seem quite right and not as enjoyable (personally). The only exception are the GA aircraft, but even they can be matched to a proper route as well 😊

1 Like

Just because I would forget my callsign and would be unresponsive to ATC calls which would subsequently get me ghosted. Also I love my callsign because itʻs the callsign of the first plane I flew in real life.

1 Like

But YES I am Realistic flying

Pretty Much Realistic i usually climb up to 22,000 ft But yeah it’s Realistic During cruise I raise up the Speed from 220knts to 320 I don’t know about my callsign Cause my Callsign is G6192D I think that’s a Realistic one

1 Like

Realism is what I put into EVERY flight I do. Always look for real routes with the real world callsign, aircraft, and gate assignments. Always check the runways in use and the departure time. Step climb most of the time and so on, pretty much everything. That includes having an accurate passenger count and cargo load out.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, I do everything there, but when I fly, I use the same gates as the real flight.

2 Likes

Yes to all!!

2 Likes

Yes to absolutely everything, except for my callsign. My callsign is always my VA callsign 😅😂. I use fpltoif to generate a FPL, find realistic gates and taxiway routes to runways in use. I also use real SID/STARs for all my flights. I find it quite fun to be as realistic as possible.

2 Likes

Yeah i Training total begeistert aß realistisch as i can. Mostly i sie realistisch flightplans in (Ultra)Longhauls. Online normal stört flights like Eddf to eddg i make ja own plan.

Oh yes I fly extremely realistic. I file my flight plans in lot simbrief and make sure I use the right flight #, plane type and livery too. Practically because I am a microscopic neat freak lol

1 Like