How personal are you on the forums?

I’m just curious on how personal or private you guys are on the forums. Please take the poll. Thanks :)

• Very Personal
  • Somewhat Personal
  • In Between
  • Somewhat Private
  • Very Private

0 voters

2 Likes

What do you mean by “personal”? Do you mean if we share personal infos or something?

1 Like

I want to know how much of your personal do you share with everyone in the forums. Where you live, if you’re in school/work, age, etc.

4 Likes

I’m not really that bothered, I haven’t posted loads of personal things because I haven’t needed too but I don’t think I’d be too afraid to. Most members are friendly and trustworthy, I doubt many dodgy people would be looking on a simulator forum, but we still have to be careful ayy

3 Likes

I say it once , and i say it again:
Dont share any personal over the internet
You never know who is sitting on the other end of the keyboard…
For all we know, i could be a three headed monkey…
Dont forget, the internet can be:

11 Likes

True, I wouldn’t send my phone number or anything, maybe like the country I’m in and generalised things, nothing specific

1 Like

I share some things on the forums that could be considered personal but only things like favorite airline, favorite planes, home country. No phone numbers or addresses.

4 Likes

Iam pretty sure home country is fine,lol…cause mostly it is in your profile alreadt…

1 Like

I believe that a few or a couple of people on this forum are either Online Pedophiles or Trolls etc.

Recently I’ve watched a documentary that said online forums have at least 1 or more Bad people on them but you won’t even believe they are bad. That’s the thing. You gotta watch out !

4 Likes

I would say that I am personal in pm’s but not really in the general forum.

4 Likes

I’d say I’m quite private.
The only things people here know about me are:
• What’s written on my profile.
• My first name is Laurens.
• I’m seventeen years old.
• I live somewhere around Venice.

3 Likes

See you next week.

2 Likes

And since you joined in May of last year, you haven’t “liked” a single post on this forum…

8 Likes

Not very. I’ve grown more and more personal over time.

The oldest members will know my email and name 😶. I think I took down both in August or September. This isn’t an invitation to post those, though for those that may be tempted

3 Likes

I’m in between. I don’t post my name and deep personal info to the general open public forum. People from flight groups I’m in and in PMs know more about me.

2 Likes

In between - I don’t see the point of joining a public fourm and then request your profile to be hidden as some people here have done so.

You can’t hide your profile.

1 Like

I share about my interest and ambitions but nothing about my social life outside IF. Usually personal information are 1 to 1 private chats and to people pretty close to me.

1 Like

Like this :p Some users are sort of grayed out and can't be clicked

Those have been anonymized, they can no longer login either.

3 Likes