How old would you be if you were a pilot?

If I was a pilot I would be 21
For virgin Atlantic 747-400

Older than 21 because to become a freight pilot I need a four year degree.

True mate but I would start when I was 16

Gotta start young. Good job

Amazing job

you are never too old to become a pilot :) unless your age exceeds the airlines’s requirements :D

3 Likes

Hopefully it won’t, gotta get the degree first though while building up the hours :)

1 Like

You actually don’t have to start young. I know of many pilots who didn’t start until their 30’ and even 40’s. The airlines require retirement at age 65.

1 Like

True but when I’m 14 to 15 I’ll proboly work for kfc or somthing

Yeah true, I also know some who got into aviation in their late 20s. For LX the max age when applying is 33. LH doesn’t have a maximum age I believe.

1 Like

That’s somthing good to hear

1 Like

Sounds surreal to me.

Wide bodies have pretty high requirements:

1 Like

I have already started to take classes.

To become an airline pilot is very difficult now. We need to have a plan B. So I have planned to become an aeronautical engineer first then pass my ATPL .

If everything goes well, I should normally be able to join AF at the age of 25-26 on the Airbus Short/Medium Haul Fleet.

4 Likes

But isn’t it extremely expensive to get your ATPL doing it by your own?

Yeah true man

Yes of course.

I meant to say that I will then join a flight school (ENAC - École de l’Aviation Civile) to pass my ATPL. ENAC is free but there is of course a very difficult entry test.

Take care,
A.Roy

3 Likes

Max Sez". Ryan who is 10 (Bio) has a brain storm and rolls out an inspiration.
And all the peanuts chime in. Be a Pro, check the source, consider the thrust of the post. Does it serve a useful purpose or is it just useless filler! Don’t be a follower, be a Leader. If you responded here your a Peanut. End

(So far this topic has acrewed 19 Peanuts… Congratulations Peanuts!)

4 Likes

I’ve started some training for private pilots license and I’m 13.

I started my integrated Atpl training when I was 19,oct 2005 and finished at 21, sept 2007. Got my first job flying the A330 aged 23, March 2009.

4 Likes

Where you sponsored by an Airline or self funded?