How often do you use APPR?

Hello everyone! With APPR coming on a bunch of different planes, I wanted to know how much you use APPR when landing. For me, I almost never use it unless the visibility is almost nothing. I like to challenge myself on those crosswind landings so I usually land by hand. What about you?

13 Likes

Never. What’s the point?

10 Likes

Also never, yesterday had zero visibility… Like the challenge 😉

13 Likes

I typically only use it is there is little to no visibility. However, I never land the aircraft with APPR I will take over when I have the runway in sight!

EDIT: Some aircraft like the CRJ family have a sloppy APPR, so I don’t use it when flying CRJ aircraft

4 Likes

In certain low visibility senarios a pilot is required to use it, that’s the only time I would use it. Trying to keep it realistic. Other than that I never use it.

1 Like

I used it today, wind was bad and I wasn’t comfortable lol. Other than that I don’t bother with it, it’s nice to land on your own for the feel good factor 😀

5 Likes

I would agree with that

Yeah, that’s what it’s like for me. Besides, landing with APPR just isn’t fun because all you do is sit there and watch the plane land

I use it only with no visibility.

1 Like

Generally true but there are aircraft out the approved for manual CAT3 landings. That’s much more fun!

1 Like

I used it mostly all the time after setting up my approach

3 Likes

So, I always use APPR/Approach to line up with runway but always disconnect at 1000 to hand fly for a smooth hopefully buttery landing.

8 Likes

Never have. I’m always an ILS no matter what type of person.

1 Like

Never use it anymore. I’m just too good 😎

5 Likes

Very rarely to never

1 Like

Yeah I bet, cant wait to see those landings when live replay comes 🤔

Yeah me too

Appr is not always to land full auto land, in real life appr mostly selected on approach phase of the landing even tho those planes or equipped with ils mode and appr mode saperatly then pilot disconnect after intercepting ils. they don’t turn manually on crowded sky. I use appr mode to intercept then disconnect between 2500-1500ft. If it flights too heavy then manual flight all the way

2 Likes

Also in real life after approach mode selected pilot set missed approach altitude and course then he decides when to disconnect appr mode. Some start manual flights early some leave it late due to weather

1 Like

Never. I can never get it to work how Mark did in the tutorials. Always yanks and banks me like crazy. When the WX is bad, I’ll fly RNAV coupled to minimums with In Flight Assistant’s VNAV

3 Likes