How often do you land center line in IF

I land right on the center line about 3/10 times other times I land pretty close to it

2 Likes

Every time! 🤑

13 Likes

Honestly, it is difficult for me to land on centerline. My vertical speed on touchdown is about 50, but it is hard for me to be on centerline

3 Likes

Nice I’m getting better now that I am better with the rudder

2 Likes

Good vertical speed mine is usually 100-300

3 Likes

Rarely. If I land on the runway without crashing its a success.

17 Likes

I land at 140 kts on larger aircraft.

2 Likes

I spend so much time on vertical speed my centerline is pretty bad

3 Likes

Use APPR Mode…it really helps.

3 Likes

I do sometimes especially on low Visibility

2 Likes

How?! Please let me know

I don’t know how to use it correctly

Every landing I try to obviously have the most successful landing and center line is a factor of that. I am fully able to but with winds it makes it difficult so it really depends on the conditions.

2 Likes

I tend to do better on landings than takeoffs…after the @swiss mess, I am scared of screwing up my takeoffs.

1 Like

@swiss made me scared of my takeoffs.

1 Like

Dedicated touch and go sessions in small aircraft. When it comes to the big stuff, small rudder movements to keep that plane flying straight. Keep it straight until the nose is on the ground, and if you’ve done your approach right, you’ll be on the centerline.

Practice makes perfect.

and a sprinkle of the “right stuff”

The more landings, the better they are likely to be. Flying is all about self judgment, so the more fly, the more you learn. That’s how I figured out most of the stuff I know right now, especially how to land properly.

So, since each flight will always be different than the last, I suggest fly as most as you can and figure out what feels the most comfortable for you. As long as you are courteous to others and not breaking any rules and limits, fly the way that is fun for you.

By using this rule of thumb I will always land on centerline, but with my new joystick I have some trouble maintaining it.

95% of the time I’m right on.

5 Likes

I’d say about 85% of the time I nail it. Depends on the aircraft. Xcub? No chance. 787? 777? 737? Every time.

1 Like