How much is it to rent a private jet?

I’ve always wondered,
Seeing all this rich people fly around on those fancy business jets, such as the Gulfstream G550, or the Embraer Phenom 300, I’ve always wanted to experience what it’s like to fly private.

I’ve always wondered how much it would cost to charter a jet to fly anywhere non-stop instead of the traditional stop at another airport.

Do you fly privately? How much does it cost to charter a plane? What private company would you recommend?

I’ve heard NetJets is good, but who here has flown on NetJets?

If you flew on a private jet, please post below how much you spent to charter it.

Thanks!

If this is confusing, please let me know, thanks.
2 Likes

From what I’ve understood its based on an hourly rate. Depending on the destination, size of aircraft and the company you could be looking at a price range of $2,000 - $10,000 per hour. Definitely not cheap by any means. Now if you want to have the feel of flying private but at a reasonable cost, then I’d look at JetSuiteX. They operate routes in California. They occasionally have some sweet deals on aircraft repositioning flights. You just have to follow their schedule and those tickets can be less than $200 on a Phenom 300. Like I said, you have to time it right and the start have to align for you to snag that deal.

9 Likes

There is a kinda private airline, where you pay a yearly subscription if you are in California, and you use the app and tell them where and when, and they will be ready in about 1-2 hours. It’s one grand a year, give me a minute I’ll link it.

Here’s the link: https://www.surfair.com/us/

I’ve heard something about JetSuiteX, but I live in New England.
I’d like to know how much it would cost to fly these routes:

MHT-CLE (about an hour)
MHT-SAL (5hrs 25mins at most)
MHT-LAX (5hrs 30min)

Obviously I could fly an airline, but I’d rather go Non-stop, mainly to visit relatives.

I wonder if there’s a website to check prices

Of course, Boston is an option, but I don’t wish to deal with traffic on I-93. Traffic to and from Boston is a nightmare.

If you’re in the North East, then check out PlaneSense. They operate some PC12’s up there. But you would be looking at lower costs perhaps.

4 Likes

Well, I think a Pilatus PC-12 could make it to Cleveland, right?

PlaneSense usually sends their planes into Manchester, mostly for Pilot training. I’ll check them out

Here is the buy-in price for PlaneSense and the fractional ownership costs. 🙂They’re not cheap!

4 Likes

Ouch.
Guess I’ll never know what it’s like to fly privately, unless I get my own PPL and a Cessna 172 instead.

Now I would suggest you go this route. If you’re looking to spend money in aviation, I would go for your Pilots License instead of paying someone to fly you around. Besides its more fun to fly yourself. 😃

5 Likes

I have flown, and It is fun indeed. I’ve spent around $279 in total for two separate lessons. I paid $99 for a 30 minute lesson (Intro), and $180 for a 1 hour lesson.
I currently have 1.5hrs of flight time on me.

Issue is money, and people to support my interests

1 Like

You’re looking at about $10,000 to $15,000 on average to get your PPL. Then factor in aircraft rental and insurance. It gets pricey. I’m looking at getting my PPL as well through a school in RI.

Wow. My dream has been crushed, But I understand.
I might do a go fund me if it is worth the time to doing it.

It’s more than I have, and frankly that’s all that matters to me… 😂

1 Like

I don’t follow @KPIT?

1 Like

If I cant play for it, I dont particularly care how much it does cost…

1 Like

Check out Wheels Up and Netjets.

By all means, it is not worth the price of a Private Jet to travel by yourself. But in some cases, with a group of 8-12… The cost of a Private Jet might actually be less than everyone purchasing a business/first class tickets commercially

What I highly recommend: Try to become friends with corporate jet stake holders in your area. When they travel, you never know… 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

I’ve actually met a Private Jet Pilot two years ago. I still have his email… I think. He helped me put up a PowerPoint for “Life of a Private Pilot”

This is not a bad idea. I know lots of people who own jets and have gotten a few flights and trips on some of them m. It’s lots of fun

2 Likes

A g650 will run you 12k/hr
A Phenom 300 low 6s/ hr

For netjets you will have to buy in per year that will lock you into a set flight hr, then you will have monthly dues.(they are not cheap)

1 Like