How much fuel?

I’m doing a longhaul flight from KLAX, to KLAX. (around the world) And I want to know how much fuel I would need to accomplish that.

Edit: I know what I’m doing now, so I’ll go from LAX to EGLL. And then go up and cross Antartica, then back to LAX.

Wish me luck!

5 Likes

Full fuel?

11 Likes

Don’t think full fuel would be enough to accomplish that. You’d likely have to make at least 1 stop

1 Like

Realistically, 0kg and a lot of imagination

2 Likes

Unless you have a copy of Laura’s ISS…

1 Like

But it’d be too heavy. Like, what’s the optimal fuel? (im not doing a nonstop flight, im stopping at EGLL for a few minutes to fuel up).

If you are stopping at Heathrow, then you’ll only need about 10-12 hours of fuel. :)

2 Likes

Thank youuu <3

Realistically you will need to stop a few times for fuel! Good luck

If you’re actually going around the world and stopping in LHR the first leg will be fine 10-12 hours but the back leg going east will be more difficult. You’ll probably have to load one of the longer range aircraft all the way up.

1 Like

Like the 777LR 😜 if you know what I mean

777LR could do it in one shot if you don’t fly the full circumference lol

Yea just do a 10 mile Radius of LAX and then boom easy

Well first id recommend a fuel efficient aircraft like the 787-9 or the a350 and then use simbrief and it will tell you how much. If simbrief doesn’t work I don’t recommend using full fuel as it will make you very heavy so maybe close to full fuel and with about 20pax and 1000kg of cargo C:

Here is an idea:
First you start off with a 787, fly from KLAX to EGLL (12hrs of fuel), then EGLL to YSSY, the longest flight (full fuel) then finish off with YSSY to KLAX which is almost full fuel I think. Don’t have a lot of pax or cargo

2 Likes

The 787-9?

Its EGLL - YPPH. On the other side of Australia

Still not the longest flight, that goes to WSSS - KEWR.

1 Like

I mean its the longest flight out of the three that I mentioned. And EGLL-YSSY is longer than EGLL-YPPH and its doable so thats why I mentioned it instead.

2 Likes

It won’t make it, not even close.

I suggest you to do 2-3 stops because you will be boring to do this extremely long haul flight

1 Like