How much data does Infinite Flight use?

Going on an hour drive and just wanted to now how much data it uses?

It’s not too bad. I have 20GB and can fly over 40 hours a month and Facebook and other sites and still only use 10GB of data. Hope it helps

2 Likes

For an hour? Barley anything. Maybe 20 MB ish? I share a 2GB monthly plan with my parents and I don’t worry about IF at all.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

1 Like

I think I conducted 40 mins of touch and goes not even knowing my wifi went off right before I started the flight and my data usage for the app went up by 7MB. Downloading aircraft and regions uses quite a bit though, so I’d download all that before your car trip. Hope I helped! :)

3 Likes

It uses absolutely none! … in solo mode. In live, however, it all depends on how long you fly for, if the server is crowed and requires loading of many aircraft, if you’re talking to ATC and constant communication, etc. Overall, it doesn’t use an abundance of data for the average flight duration.

2 Likes

As everything is fetched & rendered locally, such as aircrafts, maps etc there isn’t much data usage at all.
It’s just plain text.

Say you see a another pilot flying, then the server provides you with who’s flying, what he’s flying, where he is and all that and then it’s all rendered and displayed on your side. Same goes for ATC. The server is only sending you what your device should say in text, and then your device plays it.

5 Likes

Thanks for that :)

Many thanks :)

1 Like

I am really amazed how low data Infinite Flight uses, maybe 10MB for a flight that is 30 minutes.

Very little.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.