How long to get to Grade 3?

How long did it take for you all to get to grade 3? I want to know because I’ve just started working towards it And I want to know what I’m in for

2 Likes

It really depends on how much you play. For me, it took about a month after reaching Grade 2.

6 Likes

On average expect getting 1,000xp points / flight hour. You can improve this ratio by doing touch and goes, especially in windy conditions. Avoid violations at all cost.

And I realize I am not answering your question directly - but with that information and how many hours you fly a day you can do an estimate. Like @Captain_Mattsaid, it’s really up to you.

3 Likes

Totally dependent on how you fly and how often you fly. Be prepared and capable for expert before you get there.

2 Likes

Also, once you’re up to grade 3, just one wrong move and you’re back down to grade 2. :(

1 Like

I was a grade three before some update and then I got moved to grade 2. Some poor fella got moved from 5 to 2

Took me less than a month

Thanks, I’ll take your advice into account

1 Like

The question is not the grade but your skills. The grading system is based about the competences of a pilot. Normally a grade 3 can interact with the ATC and control the airplane better than a grade 2 and so on. There are people that focus on grading and they let their airplanes flying in autopilot for hours and hours just to gain experience. I think that a better question is: how many time takes to me to reach a sufficient skill to fly a realistic flight with a good interaction with ATC. My answer is: you have to read all the tutorials and do pattern work in an airport with active ATC :-)

Took me 10 days. But I do a lot of long flights with the one and only 172…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.