How long do you stay at your gate before pushing back

Title explained itself

Generally if you have time, how long do you stay at your gate before pushing back

For people that do not know
Staying at the gate it more realistic, for passenger to board, fuel to be loaded, cargo to get in…

I stay 15-20 after flight planning is done

What about you?

9 Likes

For me, I flight plan and go, since there is really nothing to do at the gate at this point and time. I just fuel up, and get out. I know, it’s not the most “realistic”, but just how I do things.

16 Likes

I stay at my gate while I prepare my FPL and adjust my weight accordingly. When I’m done, I’ll start moving.

9 Likes

Once I have my flightplan and load numbers finalized I push. Don’t see a point in waiting.

20 Likes

I one time saw this guy that waited for 2 hours 😂

8 Likes

Yeah I often see people just sitting at an empty airport for hours with no flight plan filed. I have no idea why they’re there and it’s really annoying when there aren’t a lot of available gates. Typically it takes me between 10 and 20 minutes to get ready from ten moment I spawn in.

2 Likes

Depends on what I have to do beforehand

2 Likes

Sometimes I may spawn in and wait for the real life flight that I’m copying to start pushback. Which can take up to an hour if delays occur. But if I’m not in the mood for that I’ll just get set up and go.

1 Like

They are probably just spotting but it does take up a space and I agree with you.

1 Like

30 minutes. 10-15 for planning, 10-15 for waiting.

1 Like

I file my flight plan and push back ASAP

3 Likes

In solo I generally go straight away, but when flying online I’ll plan, set my fuel/passenger load and then (with ATC) wait however long it takes to get pushback clearance.

2 Likes

I usually wait about 35-40 minutes before pushing back. During this time I take care of all pre-flight things (Flight plan, weight and balance, familiarize myself with real life procedures, etc.) same thing goes for a long haul however I will usually wait an hour or more on those flights!

2 Likes

Anywhere from 45 (domestic) to 90 (international). I spend about 20 flight planning, 10 going through checklists, and the rest “loding” the aircraft with cargo and pax.

4 Likes

~3-4 hours

2 Likes

Why that long…???

3 Likes

I create a detailed FP and set proper weights. Usually takes 30 min for shorter flights

3 Likes

I like to fly as close as possible. I like to do the planning on time when I enter the simbrief. That takes 25 to 30 minutes with the configuration all organized by doing a checklist.
If the airport is full, I add another 15 minutes by taxi to leave on time.

1 Like

I don’t really see the point in waiting, it’s just a simulator, and there’s no one actually boarding the plane.

5 Likes

I don’t wait. I just use fpltoif and just add the SIDs and STARs (as well as putting the correct amount of fuel) and pushback immediately.

2 Likes