How long can you fly the A333 and A339?

I know both aircraft can fly for about 15 hrs no problem but I wanted to fly routes like Dublin to Adelaide with a Aer lingus A333, or Porto to Adelaide with the TAP A339, I’ve been flying from europe to australia nightly for a while now with the 777-300ER and wanted to know if there is other aircraft, besides the 787 and dreadful (to me) A359 I could use on these sub 19 hour flights.

5 Likes

I think maybe the a380? I don’t know but you can ask @DuncanNL he has done a lot of long hauls over 19hrs so you could ask him

1 Like

I stick to aircraft that have wingflex and those aircraft only unfortuneately

3 Likes

I think you actually can, but the trick to maximizing your block time in-air is to step-climb and actually make route planning according to winds. I had an issue when I flew EGLL YPDN, I had 1.5 hrs of extra fuel in case of not reaching the dest. But because of wind, I remained with like 2400 KGS of fuel which is kind of a serious thing! But if it is like a random point-to-point flight, then you decide! If it is commercial plan accordingly to winds!

Note: (its only my personal experience)

Did you have your tanks filled all the way?

1 Like

Yes for anything this long I go with full fuel and no pax/cargo to ensure that I make it.

1 Like

No, since I replicated a real flight! You can feel free to do it!

Yes and as @BennyBoy_Alpha said this is also an option!

Sounds to me the range of the A330 family is more limited than I thought it was

1 Like

Actually, I’ve seen that some of the community members were doing an ULTRA-LH flight from WADD-KIAD with the A339Neo in the Citilink livery, and impressively he did manage 19 hrs and 25 min with only fuel I think! So yeah, it isn’t that it is limited it’s just that you need a plan and follow the techniques!

The longest flight i managed to do with the A330neo was 23:46mins

3 Likes

it was only fuel right @CrazyBee?

1 Like

I once did a flight from NZAA to LIS, took me 25:19 in the A339

2 Likes

Yeah fur sure only 100% fuel no pax no cargo

1 Like

Also did my Personal record 237hrs with the A330neo

1 Like

Exactly @CrazyBee! See @N179LH, you got your answers here! So I wouldn’t mind doing an UULR-flight! And surely the A339 isn’t so restricted as you think!

2 Likes

Holy hell that is extremely long,

1 Like

I was able to drag out a single tank of fuel for about 20 hours non-stop. If anything, you’re going to need a plane loaded with fuel and nothing else, as well as a conservative climb and cruise. I would not advise going over 20 hours as reserve endurance may not be enough if there is a need to go around or fly through delay vectors.

1 Like

Already helped him haha.

1 Like

Yeah, when I landed I had 1 percent fuel left. I used the step climb method, and went for 40,000 feet at mach 0.80, it was a VERY fuel efficient way to fly.