How Is Your Home Airport Handling Expansion?

I was curious to know that with the significant increase in air travel over the past few years, and how it’s expected to grow even more popular in the future, what is your home airport doing to handle the increase in passenger numbers?

My home airport, Brisbane, Is building a Second Runway and is currently redeveloping the Domestic Terminal, with plans to Build a new terminal, and majorly expand both the Domestic terminal and International terminal.

Take a look!:

7 Likes

With freight increasing several companies are expanding their offices, UPS is about to drop millions into a new facility, along with several others.

4 Likes

Wow! What is your home airport? @RotorGuy

1 Like

I work out of Anchorage International.

3 Likes

Sounds Awesome!

2 Likes

Yes, my company is planning increase flights since we deliver stuff from China. So while we aren’t expanding runways operationally we are expanding.

2 Likes

My home airport, Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC/KSJC), is one of the fastest growing airports in the US. We are handling our expansion by building a whole new parking lot with over 900 new spaces. We have also built a second lounge and recently added gates 31-36 for Southwest Airlines, allowing more gates for other airlines

4 Likes

EHLE leylystad Airport is expanding cause EHAM Schiphol is full

4 Likes

My home airport is turning into a Transit Hub, making it a Train Station, Bus Station, Cross Country Train Station, and Airport/Hub for several airlines.

3 Likes

Wow seems busy!

3 Likes

Not much is happening to the airport its self… only a remote pad expansion and little bit wider taxiway leading out of the terminal ramp. Airlines though are adding more flights. Ive worked more and more flights on my shift each month I’ve been working and love it

1 Like

My town’s airport VHHH has just started their construction of the 3rd parallel runway by reclamation.

4 Likes

LYBE is currently undergoing a huge expansion.’
New terminal building, new runway, extra taxiways, and more!

3 Likes

DFW:

• Terminal F
  • Numerous domestic routes added in the last year such as Monterrey (CA), Bakersfield, Portland (ME), Gainesville, St. George, etc.
  • Added Air France
  • Added Munich, Dublin, Tel Aviv, & Auckland in 2019.
  • Recently hit 900 departures in Summer 2019.
2 Likes

My hometown airport is KPDX Portland International Airport is demolishing the A terminal and rebuilding it right now so airport and airline operations (especially Horizon) is a little hectic

3 Likes

Not much has happened at Mildura airport recently, however a couple of years ago the entire terminal was renovated to make it a lot more modern and capable for the amount of passengers it would take

2 Likes

My home airport Chubu Centrair International (NGO/RJGG) is having plenty of expansion recently.

• Flight of Dreams, a facility where there’s Seattle themed stuff and stores, and a real Boeing 787!
  • Terminal 2, made for low cost carriers
  • Aichi Sky Expo, the international exposition center for Nagoya
2 Likes

Lots of major plans!

1 Like

Well EGBB isnt expecting any expansion soon but a couple of the remotes can handle the A380 if 2 are at the airport at the same time.

EGNX is getting a UPS cargo hub

2 Likes

FALE is getting a new cargo apron, this will allow it to be service by larger freight aircraft, the largest the airport can handle right now is a 737F

2 Likes