How is this possible

Im doing that right now Xcub qantas test flight from sydney around the world to sydeny

1 Like

It takes maybe 45 minutes to an hour to get to 70,000 or 80,000 feet, so you do have to be patient 😉

But once you’re up there, the sky’s no longer the limit 🛫

1 Like

is TBM work too?

1 Like

I haven’t tried the TBM. I think it should work. Maybe.

1 Like

OH, i guess im using Xcub lol

1 Like

Lol. I’m going to try the 172 today. Make sure to pack max fuel!

1 Like

I’m at 10000ft now and my speed start to go down it won’t work for me I only do 100ft vertical speed

It’s not really ment to work, as it’s not realistic.

No it wasnt high it was about 17,000 feet
And I can see he stopped twice, obviously for fuel
Which made me raise the question as to how he flew so far with only two fuel stops
His overall flight time was 37 hours so if that’s divided by 3 which would be 3 full tanks of fuel
It still means he’s flying an average of 12 hours per tank of fuel, in a cirrus, I’ve only been able to make a maximum of 6.5 hours on one full tank numerous times
So that’s what was confusing
It wasn’t the glitch because he was flying at 17,000 and ground speed was around 190 knots

1 Like

If you want the exact time it will take to climb from start to cruising altitude, divide the cruise altitude by your vertical speed.

For example, let’s say I was climbing to 76,000 feet in a C172 (which I have done twice,) and I want to see how long it will take. My vertical speed is 700 FPM, so let’s find out.

76,000/700= 108.5 minutes. That means it will take longer than an hour and a half to get to cruise altitude.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.