How I spot

I take off, go around at 2000 feet (I have a spotting callsign that I made for myself ABCZ1239 in a cirrus SR22 GTS livery 1.

It’s a very good way to spot as you won’t have ground control constantly speaking to you

3 Likes

Or you just switch to a uni when your off the concrete taxiways…
But thats still prob the best idea

2 Likes

I like to enter the ATC player mode, then pick a busy airport that’s already being controlled by someone. I can spawn in as an observer and just watch. Granted, I only do this after my piloting ability has been compromised due to volume of adult beverages. Sure is fun though!

4 Likes

You can also spawn at a ramp and use the free cam

3 Likes

Yes! I don’t like to take up space if the airport is busy, but otherwise free cam is excellent.

2 Likes

Flightfan, I do the same thing. We need a feature where you can do this on expert without being an IFATC.

2 Likes

That would be extremely useful. Now that you mention it, it seems like that observation time could be very beneficial to the IFATC training process. Not mandatory, but definitely helpful for those that want/need it to pass their tests. I say go for it man, the feature request is all yours.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.