How I got to where I am now

So, I know many of you want to become a pilot. I am going to tell you my story on how I became a pilot and what’s in it for the future:

When I was 16, I was doing something in my school known as ‘Transition Year’ 🇮🇪🍀 It is basically a relaxed year with barely any homework and classwork. I was in this year, so now that I had a lot of free time, I decided to get a part time job as a car mechanic. I saved up a lot of money and managed to afford books so I started to attendfing classes at EIWF. I quickly built up flying hours and eventually received my Private Pilot’s License. When I left school, I went to Jerez, Spain to attend a flight school known as FTE Jerez (Flight Training Europe Jerez). I received my Commercial Pilot’s License after a while and mainly fly the Beechcraft Baron 58. I am in Jerez for the next 11 months and I will be going home with an Airline Transport Pilot’s License and Multi-Engine Instrument Rating 😉

28 Likes

Nice job, and congratulations on your progress so far!

5 Likes

That’s such a great example for all of the younger people here. Great job so far and good luck in the future!

5 Likes

Why do people that live in Europe make it look so easy. ;)

tl;dr: gl hf

7 Likes

You’re one step ahead of me mate, best of luck

2 Likes

Would love to get my pilots license would be the best job in the world!!

1 Like

Do you mind if I PM you a few questions? Really intreasted

1 Like

How come your profile description said that you were a first officer for Air Lingus.

1 Like

Im in high school and im also trying to become a pilot irl for alaska airlines “if my profile picture doesn’t say it enough lol”

1 Like

Bookmarked for future reference ;)

2 Likes

Are you being sponsored by Air Lingus? I went a few days ago to a future pilot event at the hotel in Heathrow, and had a chat with the director. Planning to come down and check it out in the future, looks like a great school and one I hope to attend!

Congrats on getting there, and good luck on getting a job. :)

1 Like

Wow, congratulations!

1 Like

Go ahead :)

I have an Aer Lingus Cadetship in FTE Jerez so I’ll be going home a First Officer for them 😉

1 Like

Yes I am being sponsored by them in a Cadetship Program :)

1 Like

Nice! I am hoping to join the BA cadet ship, and I believe they use FTE as one of their schools.

1 Like

I presume you will come out with a frozen atpl? :)

1 Like

By ‘Frozen’ do you mean Aer Lingus only? No, I can use the ATPL as a normal ATPL for any airline

1 Like

I mean this:

A ‘Frozen’ Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) is the name given to the qualification of a pilot who holds passes in all 14 ATPL theoretical exams. The ATPL would become un-frozen when the flight experience requirements are met.

1 Like

An ATPL requires 1500 hours to become ‘unfrozen’. Until that point the license is a CPL with the privileges of an ATPL but without the ability to be the Commander of public transport flights. I.e. You can be the co-pilot!

There is not really any such thing as a ‘frozen ATPL’ it’s just a way of referring to the CPL with ATPL privileges.

2 Likes