How far in advance do you usually plan a flight?

I often plan a flight three hours before the departure. I never plan my flights the day before the flight because i’m sure i’ll have something unexpected if I plan ahead. What about you?

1 Like

I file the plan as soon as I spawn.

2 Likes

I plan my flight right after I get the idea to fly. First I use SimBrief, then I look at the flight details, spawn in and copy and paste my FPL.

2 Likes

Usually at a moment’s notice, right at the gate. But it often takes me around 10-20 minutes to go through FPLtoIF.com, IF Assistant, IF Passengers, IF Checklists, and PreflightIF before I’m ready for pushback.

2 Likes

I usually spawn in and then use Flight Aware, SimBrief, and FPLtoIF to create the flight plan to be accurate the real world flight that I will fly in IF. So, I would say around 30 minutes to 1 hour in advance.

When I get the idea to fly, I go on Flightradar to look for ideas (If I don’t have a specific route in mind). Long hauls I plan anywhere from a day to three hours from when I fly. I usually plan the flight far in advance so I can time landing to be in the morning.

I plan my FPL as soon as I spawn, but my flights are fully planned from, ages ago.

3 Likes

I usually make my flight plan with Skyvector before spawning in. Then I use fpltoif to calculate my load.

That looks pretty organized! Are you trying to check off every flight on the list?

1 Like

Yup! My aim is to fly every single commercial aircraft in the game!

RIP I just saw this on my account.
Screenshot_20190625-173442_Chrome

2 Likes

I open IFAssistant and Infinite flight. I choose somewhere to depart somewhere to arrive. Between 100 and 400 Nm. Or I just take off and land to the same airport.
I gave up simbrief and FLPtoIF because I feel it like fun.

1 Like

I personally use FPLtoIF for my flight plans.
I plan them usually 10 to 20 minutes prior to departure, and I will set the departure time on the plan to the departure time I have set earlier.
Therefore at the same time you can get the most updated NOTAMs, you can file the flight plan way in advance.
So in short and relate back to the topic, that would be 10-20 minutes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.