How far have you gone with the A330NEO?

As the title asks… I’m currently 14 or so hours into this LHR-AKL flight (eastbound) with the VS A339 and I’m confident I won’t be making it to Auckland… About 2 years ago this time of year I was fortunate to complete a flight like this that was CDG-AKL with no issues, although that was with the A359 and that carries a good deal more fuel. I could’ve swore I saw someone else on here say they squeezed 25hrs out of the A339. I filled it up all the way with fuel and climbed out super slow and it looks like i’ll only make it to Sydney… If i’m lucky. As of right now I’m near WIII with ETE to DEST showing 9:36, headwinds are only at 12kt and I’m at FL370 and m .77. Nevermind the X:XX on fuel remaining but I will say that I have 63.1k lbs of fuel left (28.6k kg). Do you think things will just improve enough to where I can make it? Sydney/Melbourne the best bet? Ascend? Also this is with 260ish pax and full cargo, how far have you taken this plane and what were the conditions?

1 Like

Its funny you ask this because im about to land the butter bus Neo in Taipei after a 21hr flight

its just a bit shorter than my longest ever flight, also on the butter Neo which was 23hrs 18min

2 Likes

Pax and cargo? That CDG-AKL was also my longest ever at about 22 hrs.

Pax was 30 and cargo was like 500 lbs

Yeah that helps lol. I know less weight is ideal but I like to imagine the route is real and high demand… Always. It’s also more impressive once you finish.

1 Like

on my longest flight, I had 1 pax… aka me 😅
and no cargo

2 Likes

CDG-LAX about 12:00hrs

I’ve done 19 hours on the A339, and just over 20 on the -300. Unfortunately, I don’t think 28000kg will make it 9 hours. A stopover in Alice Springs or Sydney should ensure you reach AKL safely.

1 Like

I think i’m going to cut it short and change the destination to Sydney. I just checked now and its down to about 39k lbs (17.6k kg) and you’re right lol. Thats a shame… Really loooking foward to the day I have something to go 1 way with on Europe-Auckland routes other than the A350. Thanks!

Update… Adelaide is more like it but i’m going to try and make it to Melbourne instead. This has been a bit disappointing.

1 Like

This topic was made for you 😂

1 Like

My longest A330-900 flight was SEA-LHR I’m pretty sure so not that long.

1 Like

Oh yes indeed 🥰

1 Like

I tried to do Auckland to London. But sadly lagged out mid flight 😑😔

What plane and how was it going?

Um the A339? It was going good then when I got back from school it was gone

1 Like

Don’t write them off all together. The A339 should be able to fly it, but you’d have to completely max out the fuel, stick to the correct step climb profile like glue, and only have one to two passengers. So should the A333, A359, B763, B772, B77L, B77F, B77W, B788 and MD11 with varying levels of confidence.

I’ve flown the 77W on the LHR-AKL route both ways, it’s definitely possible. My longest flight was PER-LHR around the wrong way, 25:26 on the 77L.

Both ways… Thats impressive! Do you think I coould to roughly 10 pax and full cargo with the 77W? A full first class suite section and full cargo for profit. That sounds fun.

1 Like

I highly doubt a full cargo load would be possible with any aircraft. If you need to make it semi-realistic, just think of it as a delivery flight. ;)

1 Like

I’ve flown 21 hours and 50 minutes in a A330neo from Spain to New Zealand

I remember seeing u take off from LHR when I was taking to the runway. I was wondering what u were doing. I was Speedbird 17R for JFK if u saw me. Good luck with the flight

1 Like