How Far Could I Push the 757?

I was wondering- realistically, how long could I keep the 757 airborne? I want to try doing an overnight with the USAF 757, but want to know how to plan it.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I think you could probably get 11-12 hours out of her with step climbing

3 Likes

I have the numbers, stand by.

Update: the limit is about 11 hours 20 minutes but keep it under 11 to be safe.

4 Likes

i did a 5 hour flight from Bogota to DCA and arrived with 48% fuel

2 Likes

Ronald Reagan can accommodate a 757?

2 Likes

Yeah I guess, I saw someone somehow land a B777 there before…lol.

1 Like

24h if u one engine that granny

I’m not sure OP wants to fly at 100 AGL and 330 KIAS.

2 Likes

Delta flies one there pretty regularly. 😂

1 Like

im not sure u know enough abt how to fly on one engine😘

1 Like

Fair assessment. There are probably a number of combinations that work.

@anon38552190 you are correct. Maximum time is a conservative 27 hours. Likely higher with a combination I haven’t looked at.

1 Like

I’d be impressed if you could push all nearly 58k kgs (minimum) of a B752

with seriousness the USAF 757 is - probably - lighter loaded with a few VIPs and a few other things than a usual passenger/cargo flight done by its commercial counterparts. so from a typical payload point of view it should have a much better range

2 Likes

to be technical here, the USAF B752’s weight is heavier than a full plane of passengers and cargo on a normal B752. and add VIPs on top of that will lead to even more weight.

(no hate, love u, just adding a lil)

1 Like

It’s the same model in IF I don’t think it makes a difference.

2 Likes

im talking abt realism, and i honestly dont care but i was just correcting aidan a bit

1 Like

unless it was the USAF B737 then it could make a difference

for the ones who don't know why

the USAF and the BBJ 737s were once a separate listing from the standard 737 in the aircraft list in IF and still retain the same properties (like fuel load) as the original BBJ listing)

edit: must’ve glossed over the part where the merged the performance numbers in the change log

2 Likes

So does every other 737-700 now, they were just merged. The BBJs have no more range than the airliner 737-700s.

1 Like

That is pretty impossible… DCA is not an airport that accommodates long haul aircraft, now that I think about it, if the A321 can be accommodated at DCA, then the 757 can as well be accommodated.