How does ghosting work on Infinite Flight?

I kinda get the idea of ghosting, but how does it work on IF? How do you get ghosted, and most of all, why do you get ghosted? Is it a server problem or is it something someone does to you? Just a quick question.

1 Like

Ghosting on Infinite Flight causes the ghosted user to disappear to other users, although the ghosted user may still continue their flight and see others. A user can be ghosted by other pilots or Advanced ATC. Typically a user is ghosted for being a nuisance or not following instructions. Many times vulgar callsigns or “trolling” will cause other users to ghost/report a user.

Advanced ATC will ghost users that are not following specific control instructions and procedures after being warned. Being ghosted 2 times in a 24 hour period will cause 24 hour ban from the Advanced Server. 3 times in a week will cause a one week ban on the Advanced Server. This provides great incentive for users to remain a mature part of the live environment, helping other’s enjoy their experience as well.

6 Likes

If you are on Advanced server and don’t listen to the ATC controllers commands, you can be ghosted…there will be a pop-up message that will tell you

1 Like

Ghosting happens either because:

• ATC (Advanced only) ghosts you because you did something wrong (they do sometimes make mistakes)

• 3 users report you in a short amount of time

@Tyler_Shelton @CptNathanHope @Freddiefrogs Thank you! Now that I am able to be on Advanced I’ll be more careful with what I do!

2 Likes

If only everyone was like you :)

5 Likes

We’ll okay, I got ghost for some Reston,so I’m really pissed right now.i was just flollowing instructions when then, BOOM,I logged off for day and it sayed I was ghost so now I’m Grade 2 ,whitch I really worked hard for it. My username is Creeper.if there is any other information I need to know please tell me .thanks

2 Likes

PM the controller who ghosted you. If you can’t recall who it was, contact an ATC moderator.

2 Likes