How do you use APPR?

On all of the landings I’ve made in Infinite Flight I’ve never been able to use APPR in the Autopilot. I don’t know how to activate it. I always file a flight plan whether it’s a short 10min domestic flight or a long overseas flight. Whenever I land I have to do it manually which can be a pain sometimes as it can stress me out. How do you activate APPR?

1 Like

Hi, Oli! APPR mode can be difficult to understand at first, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it in no time. Check out the Official Infinite Flight YouTube video below in which Tyler explains how to use autoland. Let us know if you have any questions after watching it!

» Link to APPR/Autoland Tutorial

2 Likes

I’d also check out this article made by Tyler Shelton, IFATC Manager: APPR/Autoland Tutorial

Thanks! That will be helpful!

1 Like

So first of all, you need to tune into the ILS, which you can do by tapping on the airport in question, going to runways, and selecting the rwy you wish to approach. Press tune into NAV1 or NAV2. (Only rwys with ILS will work btw)
Once that is done, go to NAV on the interface and set source to NAV1 or NAV2, whichever one you chose. Once that is done, all you have to do is press APPR!
Edit: nvm like a bajillion people just answered above, so yeah

Just filed a flight after watching the video to South Korea from Narita and I can now use APPR!

3 Likes