how do you guys steer on the ground

Hi, What is the best way to steer on the ground as i find the ailerons rather hard to steer with

2 Likes

You should use the rudder.

3 Likes

Thanks for this

3 Likes

you can link the rudder and nose wheel together (in settings) so that you use the rudder to steer with on the ground. I also ‘cheat’ and use an outside view, either from the tail or fixed, so I can see where I am going, make sure I don’t hit anything and don’t get too close to other planes when in the queue for take off! Practicing taxiing from the cockpit. …But its hard work! :)

1 Like

Normally I disable “auto coordination” in settings. In beginning it seemed hard, but now it’s “easy cheesy” is even harder to taxi with auto coordination on

4 Likes

Thanks. When in the cockpit what is the best part to use to follow the yellow line especially when stopping as when you can’t see the hold short line you are still a good 10m in front of it. Does anyone have a suggestion

2 Likes

Try to stop just before the hold short line reaches the side strut in the cockpit. That will put yout nose just behind the hold short line. Remember, it’s better to be far back from the hold short line than over it. You don’t need to be super close to it :)

4 Likes

To add to that - crossing the hold short line without instruction to do so is a runway incursion, and might grant you a 24 hour stay on ghost island…

3 Likes

Sad but true, unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.