How do you get out of a stall

I just stalled an aircraft and crashed it.
The 747 I do not know how to get out of a stall but the a321 I do know how just put the flaps down to full and put the gear down and that should stabilize it. Do you have any aircraft that you know how to get out of a stall with?

1 Like

Nose down full power

5 Likes

Nose down. If you are too low, it doesn’t work.

Full throttle, slight stick down if I can control it. Just make sure you have enough altitude.

To be more detailed, don’t touch flaps while you’re in the stall. Level the wings if you’re in a bank. As the airplane stalls, add full power immediately. The nose should drop slightly depending on phase of flight. If the stall is right after takeoff or on departure, only lower the nose to the horizon (at most), as a drop in altitude will result in CFIT. As the airplane starts to climb away, then you can retract flaps as necessary. That’s about all there is to it.

6 Likes

Ok that you I will use this the next time I get into a stall

Don’t use full flap, in fact don’t change config. Definitely do not add full power immediately on aircraft with underslung engines as the pitch power couple can exceed elevator authority causing you to pitch up into a stall again although I’m not sure if this is modelled correctly on IF.

The reason you stall is because you exceed the stalling angle of attack. By extending flaps you only INCREASE your angle of attack thus deepening the stall.

You first have to unstall the wing by reducing angle of attack, nose down elevator until the stall warning stops. Only then roll the shortest way to wings level and increase thrust slowly towards full thrust and ensure the spoilers retracted. Accelerate towards minimum clean speed, set appropriate thrust and establish your desired pitch attitude.

If you are low level then hold the velocity vector on the horizon but at high altitude you will need as much as 10 degrees nose down to convert altitude to speed.

There is a caveat on the 737 that if the flaps are up but you are at low altitude and slow then select flap 1.

1 Like

How I’ve done it is pitching down and increasing power. Then once level decrease power a little while remaining stable.

1 Like

Thank you! Everyone for giving me this useful information

1 Like

nose down full throttle

All you need to do is push the nose down, set falls about half on any aircraft and ouch the nose down, once aircraft is stabilized pull slowly back to a level pitch and watch your speed.

Ok first thing, and that is always the first step whenever your plane is departing its intended lateral or vertical flight path: Autopilot + Autothrottle: OFF

For a nose high recovery, and in this sequence:
nose%20high

• Push the nose down and roll the aircraft to the nearest horizon
  • max. bank angle 70 degrees
  • Increase Power
  • when the aircraft symbol approaches the horizon, make a coordinated roll out to a wings level/ nose low attitude
    https://youtu.be/yyumatdU4JY outside view
    https://youtu.be/GkSVnfzQkZ4 cockpit view

For a nose low recovery, again, in this sequence:
nose%20low

• Roll the Aircraft to the shortest direction towards the sky pointer
  • If Bank Angle is greater than 90 Degrees, maintain neutral to forward yoke/ sidestick pressure
  • coordinate with your rudder
  • If Bank Angle is less than 60 Degrees, increase back pressure on your yoke/ sidestick
  • Adjust thrust and use drag devices as required
  • If you get inverted, unroll and level the plane first, only then pull on the yoke.
    https://youtu.be/CZpAAhR24lQ outside view
    https://youtu.be/Nzc_OZAbekE cockpit view
1 Like

That is unusual attitude recovery which is NOT the same as stall recovery.

1 Like

Ah really? And would you then tell me how you actually stall a plane? I’m very interested in. Btw. In the part with the nose low the plane even gets inverted. Wondering how this happened…the replay function just does not show the stall warning.

You exceed the stalling angle of attack.

An unusual attitude is unintentionally exceeding more than 25 degrees nose up, 10 degrees nose down, bank angle greater than 45 degrees or within those parameters but at an airspeed inappropriate for the conditions.

UA recovery assumes that the aircraft is not stalled. A stalled condition can exist at any attitude and speed, therefore, you can be stalled without exceeding any of the above parameters.

You can be either stalled, in an unusual attitude or both. You MUST recover from the stall first.

i will send you a pm Mr. Stu.

Make sure to work with your rudder, and nose down simultaneously. This has saved me from vertical stalls at only 3000ft

The trouble with using rudder is that you can induce a spin so be very careful if you do use it.

Conventional upright spin entry uses full rudder as you stall.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.