How do you get moon shots?

So I was looking at one of laura’s Most recent photos with the parallel landing in Dubai and it had a massive moon in the background, can anyone tell me how I get the moon this big?

3 Likes
13 Likes

This can help you a bit, tells you all about where the moon is and how to take a picture with the moon.

2 Likes

Nvm @Chris_S beat me to it.

2 Likes

Thank you anyways!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

In words tho, take and aircraft, go to free cam. Go far away In freecam from the aircraft, and zoom in with the moon next to your aircraft

1 Like

I didn’t know…that’s how it’s done

2 Likes

Impressive.

1 Like

Thanks. So if I got it right, it’s impossible to do on live since you have to pause the aircraft movement.

It is possible… but much harder. In solo you can pause it whenever you like and use freecam to get the picture you want but on live it’s a little harder because everything is going faster because you can’t pause it. But that’s doesn’t make it impossible;)

It’s a well known technique amongst pro photographers to control the size of the background using zoom lenses:

“Step back and zoom in”, the subject ends up the same size but the background detail gets bigger.

Great to know that this is modelled so well in IF. Should be able to compose some stunning shots

Enjoy

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.