How do you as an atc take care of pilots when they dont respond back to your instructions ?

I’ve noticed there are some pilots who dont respond to atc and just taxi, takeoff and fly as they wish to…how do you take care of such people ?

2 Likes

Well, if it’s in the training server, unfortunately there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

2 Likes

Yea…recently when i was the atc i saw a person taxiing out of the airport and simply taking off from grass…no reply to any of the instructions

2 Likes

When I run ATC on expert, I just make sure they are doing the things, sometimes people take a minute or so to respond. I always assume when I’ve send a command, it will be followed weather they respond or not

5 Likes

True that…there are a few ignorrant ones

1 Like

You have ‘Misc. Messages’, you can say to him: ‘You aren’t cleared for taxi’

1 Like

Still they just dont care…its funny

1 Like

Well, let them go… I don’t know why it’s funny because it’s so unrealistic…

2 Likes

Exactly…its what i do…what i meant was its funny they just dont care

1 Like

Here’s how to take care of them: Leave them and let them do whatever they want, nothing can stop them except a report, if that function is available on TS. Just take it that they mistook TS for playground.

1 Like

A cool trick I’ve started using on expert – sometimes we aren’t able to hear requests sent by pilots. If I’ve sent someone “say intentions” a few times, and got no response, I’ll tell them to make a left/right 360.

Interested in realism? This is for you.

This is what they do with aircraft in the real world. Only here, if an aircraft makes the 360, I know they’re receiving my commands, not ignoring them. If they ignore the 360, then it’s another matter.

TL;DR: If an unresponsive aircraft makes a 360 as directed, they’ll be told to expect vectors and treated as normal.

9 Likes

It is bizarre that people spawn at / fly to an ATC controlled field and then ignore ATC. Some are presumably just being difficult, others likely don’t understand.

Best remedy if you really like controlling is join IFATC and control on expert.

2 Likes

I tend to find this occurs more at the major hub airports on TS: EGLL, KLAX, EHAM etc so the first thing i do is avoid those airports for starters

For the odd one or two who show a blatant disregard then i just let them carry on and they soon get bored and drop out especially if they can see everyone else is following instructions

1 Like

I obey ATC but sometimes my connection is bad so while I can hear them and take action my response back isn’t heard by them. This is especially the case when they hand me from approach to tower. One can give out warning signs like saying connection bad as their name or can hear you as the name too. That way when ATC looks me up and sees what the issue is.

👻gohst em…muhahahahaha

1 Like

If I change my callsign to COMM FAILURE or something like that, will it be understood by IFATC or should I just divert?

2 Likes

It could very well be understood by them and it is a good-faith gesture, but you should divert, that is the best option. I have had to do it too.

1 Like

My guess is you’d be fine, but J can’t speak for every controller. We try our best to accommodate nordo aircraft, and having a clear message like that helps. You’d be okay with me!

1 Like

I’d suggest using your best judgement. If it’s FNF with 30+ planes on the controller’s frequency, just divert and make it easier for them and for you. If it’s empty, I don’t see a reason why they’d deny you.

2 Likes

My tip: don’t battle with the pilots that don’t care and/or don’t know. You don’t have the tools to force them, and the risk is you’ll get frustrated, and who knows, so will the pilot.

If they are not on your frequency: send them max 2 guard messages, and that’s it. Try work around him, and if that’s not possible, ignore him.

If they are on the correct frequency, give them one warning, for example ‘please wait for clearance before taxi’. If he keeps going, ignore him, let him have it. If he takes off right in front of an inbound, send him a ‘please wait for clearance before taking off’, and send the inbound on a go-around. Don’t keep sending messages; it honestly doesn’t help. Who knows this pilot doesn’t understand English…

Don’t let misbehaving aircrafts take the joy out of Training Server. There is still too much good out there.

5 Likes