How do Views Work?

Hey what’s up forum peeps!!✌🏻️
I have a question for mods and/or regulars…I’ve been trying to figure out how the viewing system on threads and profiles work. For example: if a thread had 1.8K views, is that 1800 members have viewed that thread or 100 members have viewed it 18 times or 18 forum members have viewed it 100 times?

It’s just been something I’m interested in finding out about how this forum works. I’ve asked around to some of my staff and private pilot group but they don’t seem to know exactly. Was wondering if one of you generous folk did.

9 Likes

No, it’s how ever many times it is clicked on. If I keep on clicking on this topic it will add more views.

1 Like

It works like the Youtube views system.

1 Like

So a view really means the thread has been clicked on 1.8k times? Just double checking I’m understanding correctly

1 Like

Yes. That’s how it works.

2 Likes

I’m not a youtuber lol so I have no idea how it works

1 Like

Yes you are lol … you are subscribed to me.

3 Likes

So it could be literally 1800 forum members have viewed something or just 1 member clicking o nthe thread 1800 times? Interesting concept.

1 Like

You don’t have to be a Youtuber to know how it works ;) In other words, if 1 user looks at it 1.8k times, then there is your 1.8k views.

1 Like

I’m subscribed but views and likes and such are alien news to me

2 Likes

So that means one person could click on his own thread 1.8k times?

1 Like

I would imagine so.

1 Like

An interesting concept to be sure haha. Okay I think I understand.

2 Likes

No, it won’t work like that. (Trust me I’ve tried)! 😅

1 Like

I feel sad to hear you’ve tried lol

1 Like

Not that much, just if my thread is on 980 views and I want it to be 1.0k!

1 Like

This is something you could ask on Discourse Meta. They know the inner workings of Discourse better than we do. :)

6 Likes

I’m assuming you mean “is something” 😉 And I’ll check that option out thank you Henrik

1 Like

Corrected that - thanks. ;)

2 Likes

No worries. And I’ll head over. Thanks for the idea

2 Likes