How do I take off smoothly with an Airbus A321?

A318/9/20/1s are probably the most aerodynamic aircraft in the sim Besides fighter jets, spitfires, and maxmustang’s SuperD

4 Likes

Ok thanks for your help

2 Likes

SHouldnt there be a totorial for this?

2 Likes

That IS the V/Flap Project. 😃 Let's make a V1/V2/VR speed table together!

3 Likes

Well but taking off an aircraft on a sim should be the first thing anyone learns before discovering the IFC, etc.
My opinion.

2 Likes

I learnt easily to takeoff with it…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about exact figures to use, after all, in IF, when people take off or land, no calculation has been done that takes into account runway length, weather etc.

For the most realistic experience in the A320 series of aircraft, set the weight to just below MLW, use 28% trim, Flaps 1 (on the ground this is 1+F for your info) and increase thrust to whatever setting will give you approximately 92-94% N1 (around the 88% PWR mark). At 138kts, progressively pitch back to reach 15 degrees over 5 seconds (3 degrees per second). The speed will most likely increase to the 150-160kts mark but should stabilise at this during the climb. As you pitch, watch the rate, if it pulls back very quickly just adjust how much back pressure you apply. Hope this helps

6 Likes

I just pull back a little bit and when I see it start to go up i always push back down a little bit to not shoot up, I recommend it😊

1 Like

Your takeoff speed (when you rotate) shouldn’t be too much. I never go past 175-180 knots. Usually average around 160. Always watch your glide slope and ascent rate. Flaps should be set correctly also @Lx_D

2 Likes

That’s way too much. 135-145 should be more than enough. It depends on your weight though.

2 Likes

N1 shouldn’t exceed 90%. Slow rotation

3 Likes

Most smaller Airbus models only need between 135 and 150 to get sufficient thrust…but as far as l am concerned it is inherently better not to play the numbers game… and with practice… you can actually develop an instinctive feel to know how to fly any aircraft in the inventory…and you will be much better for it in the long run !!!

5 Likes

That always happens to me on all aircraft. Weird!

2 Likes

I see your point. I should try that. But once again I usually have little or no wind so sometimes my takeoff speed depends. Landing wise, I land between 135-150 knots on the A321 no matter the weather

1 Like

I land at 130-135 on the A320 family. 150 is way too much even for a heavy.

2 Likes

Yeah but sometimes I don’t really have a choice. Occasionally it is better to land at that speed. But flap wise, I am still confused on that for takeoff and landing

2 Likes

Not to quibble over 10 kts or so one way or the other …but 150 is about right for to land an A380 …however you can stall in a 747-200 or 800 unless you are at 160…particularly on the steep more unrealistic over the mountains approach like in to PHTO…

2 Likes

Well you could try a realistic approach to PHTO round on to the ILS 26?

1 Like

That’s why I said heavy and not super…

2 Likes

I already have… even the tiptoe approach that @ Tim B…told me was used irl into 08…but last month @A Martinez directed me to the over the mountains route between the two volcanoes…when he was on approach…so l guess some of you all still use it !!!

3 Likes