How do I purchase a subscription for my 12 year old son, who has Family Manager installed on his device?

I am trying to purchase a subscription for my son but when I go to the community there is no facility to purchase a subscription. And when I go to the app on his device and try to sign in with inflight it tells me that the community account has not been used with the app before - Error code 1.

And when I click on the link for a monthly 9.49 subscription, I get the message that “Your family manager won’t be able to complete this purchase for you”

Please advise how we can get the subscription issue resolved.

Many Thanks

Hello!

That’s nice of you! :)
The situation in your case is a bit tricky, but there is a workaround for it.

The best option would be if you purchase the subscription through your device and then connect the account that is created for you in the app with the Community account.

This is done from the device where you have access to your subscription, by going into Settings → Account and tap the “Connect” button and then enter your Community credentials.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to use your account and subscription from any device using the most recent version of Infinite Flight by simply signing in with your Community credentials.

More information can be found here:

3 Likes

Many thank you for your reply! I am still a little confused though. Every time you refer to “you” I am unclear if you mean me or if you mean my son. It is my son who I am trying to do this for. This is my son’s account I am posting this help message from - I myself do not have an Infinite Flight account. N.B. I have already connected my son’s account in the community hub to his google account but we are still having the same issue.

2 Likes

In this case, your son can’t do much.

So everything would be something you need to do except the absolute final step being your son signing in through this Community account.

Hello! I hope this message finds you well.

It seems a bit tricky to achieve what you’re attempting, but let me try to help you out. From what I understand, you’re trying to “gift” the subscription to your son, but there might be an issue due to age restrictions set by the family manager.

Although a similar method has been explained earlier, let me reiterate: You can purchase the subscription on your device (parent’s phone). After doing so, navigate to settings and account on the same device, and sync the subscription to your IFC (Infinite Flight Community) account. At this point, you’ve completed the first part of the process. Now, on your son’s device, go to settings, account, and select “switch account.” This option allows you to use a default account or use a subscription purchased on another device by entering your IFC credentials, introduce the credentials you used in parent’s account and there you go.

I hope this helps! If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.