How do I practice before to improve my ATC skills?

Hi, I wonder how do i practice my ATC skills
(Beacause the IFATC exam is coming soon)
Also I Know all the ATC vocabulary so.
And because I don’t want to practice with the training server so I don’t know what I can practice with?
(Sorry for my English I’m not really good) :)

1 Like

Practise with the community! Have them fly patterns for you. Make a tracking thread. Here’s how to-

3 Likes

it works ok i where opem for 50 min with a tracking thread no one came

2 Likes

The best thing you can do is , apply for ATC training(follow the link below with more information). A trainer will contact you with more informations and you can start practice sessions with him/her where a group of IFATC and certified pilots for atc training will fly for you and will provide feedback accordingly.

5 Likes

Reopen it then I will participate

1 Like

Before opening, watch Tylers tutorials to get feel for the process.

Nothing wrong with working on the training server. I suggest staying away from the busy hubs, as it doesn’t take many people not following instructions to sour your session. Select an airport a hundred miles away from a busy hub. You’ll get some spillover traffic. Try to navigate all the menus so you have an idea where commands are located.

When you feel like you’ve got it figured out, contact a trainer.

3 Likes

As @GHamsz said above👆.
The tutorials really helped, also taking a step back once in a while when controlling helped me.
Start slow and as your confidence increases more up to increased traffic.
Tracking thread was also a good way to build confidence, most IFATC if available will attend.
Good luck.

2 Likes

I failed my ATC test

2 Likes

Don’t worry about failing the written test first time. I did when I first applied, along with many other people and a lot of them turn out to be great controllers afterwards. Indeed, it sucks and 2 weeks may seem like a long time, but use the time to study and brush up on your skills before attempting it again. Remember, the reason for the 2 week wait is to encourage you to progress more and revise before attempting it again. As you’ve attempted it, you can also apply for training as linked above by Prashant 👆. The 2 weeks will fly by and before you know it you’ll have passed. :)

4 Likes

Don’t give up.

1 Like

If you’d like, you can also submit an ATC session replay to my group and we’ll review it and give feedback. Here

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.