How do I make events?

Just out of curiosity but how do I make events? Is there a specific badge I need to earn?

You need to be TL2 to post in #live:events

Hey! It looks like your Trust Level does permit to make events. To find out more, I suggest checking this out!

1 Like

Also you are a TL2 so it should be problem posting events

1 Like

Here are my tips. Hope this helps!

Event Tips

• Always make your event at least 2-3 weeks before your planned time, to get time for people to sign up.
  • Make your event have an interesting title, and a unique and creative format which draws in other users.
  • Remember, not everyone on this community lives in the same time zone as you. Make sure to host your event at a suitable time for all.
  • There are a lot of different types of events. One is an event with an established route. What this means is that everyone attending the event will (most likely) fly the same airplane as well as the same route. Another kind of event is a flyout. This type is my personal favorite, and usually the most people attend these. Flyouts are event with no established routes. Instead, everyone will gather at one airport and fly to different destinations around the world.

I really hope this helps. Thank you!

2 Likes

Also if you would create an event, I’d recommend take a really good amount of time researching and knowing things. Label everything clearly and neatly and most importantly, try and assign the routes.

REALLY USEFUL / IMPORTANT:
Check this topic below for a useful tip on creating better events.

Also, an example of a basic, normal fly out in KJFK to give you an idea.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.