How do I keep my device from over heating while flying long hauls?

So I’ve flown two ultra long haul flights within the past few days and every time my device overheated and shut down causing IF to quit as well do you have any tips or tricks to help with this problem?

1 Like

Low power mode , turn brightness down , lower graphics

2 Likes

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A

I recommend set low power setting, also the in game time to be at night time.

2 Likes

I have graphics set to low rendering resolution set to off, turned off anti aliasing and have the limit frame rate feature switched on

2 Likes

Also probably if you’ve been using your device for a long time before each ULH it might make it worse. Delete all background apps as well. Low power, low brightness, low grafix.

2 Likes

I’ve done what you told me and closed all the background apps except IF

To help keep your device from overheating I suggest the following:

• Turn your brightness all the way down
  • Turn all graphics to low
  • Turn on limit frame rate

Placing your device on a cool surface should keep it from overheating. If the issues keeps reoccurring, I suggest getting a mini fan and aim it at your device, that way cool air will keep it cool.

2 Likes

If you have Game Tools in the app list, disable it. You will still have access to its features via the notification center. Use it only to turn on Touch Screen Lock. That lowers the brightness to the minimum as well as prevents accidental touches.
Also, I’ve found that setting the view to the top one under Scenic view also prevents burn - ins as its constantly moving a bit. Make sure you also hide the Statusbar for the same purpose. Let me know if you need any help with these!

1 Like

If you have done all the above try to mute your device.

1 Like

I keep my screen brightness low, and keep the device connected to power. Then I place the device on a cool surface where the heat can dissipate.

1 Like

Even if you turn the volume off that also reserves battery life of your device whilst in a long haul flight. Make sure that you have as minimal apps open as possible whilst flying as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.