How do I get the exact flight plan of a real life flight?

So here’s my problem: I want to do a flight from Shanghai to Newark tonight so I searched up the flight on FlightAware. I found the flight operated by a UA 772. I wanted to find the waypoints and exact flight plan of the actual flight so I can paste it into IF. The reason I’m doing this is because the shortest way to do this flight is going into Russia and flying over the North Pole but they always fly over Japan and go over southern Alaska in real life so I wanted to do that. I tried a few flight planner websites but they always brought me over the North Pole. Does anyone know a way to get the flight plan to a real life flight? If someone knows please tell me.
Thanks,
@ZZBossGaming

Fpltoif.com is a good website for finding flight plans.

Also, you can use skyvector to make your own. The thing about flight away plans is that they include the airways (for example UL127) just ignore those and you should be fine.

5 Likes

So Flight Aware will often not have the scheduled flight plan for flights outside of the United States (though it does on occasion so I always check). I know Chris S’s website fpltoif.com does a pretty good job of keeping realistic flight plans and not flying where you are not supposed to fly.

Edit: Since you mention going through Russia and over the north pole a fun little tidbit about Russian Airspace. Russia is very controlling of the Siberian flight corridor (as a matter of fact no international airlines were able to use it prior to the fall of the USSR in '93) and they usually only allow one airline per country to fly through this airspace. I am not sure if this applies to United but it is interesting.

1 Like

This is the current running KEWR-ZSPD flight plan. The first waypoint is part of the SID. The next is an airway, which can be seen on skyvector as a line with the label on it. Follow that line until it gets to the next fix which is SYR. Then enter the GPS coordinates, and repeat by entering each waypoint and following airways as needed. The last one is your STAR, which you can find by searching “ZSPD STAR”

1 Like

Yes I am aware of that. I was saying that United does not flying over Russia and the North Pole, instead they fly over japan and the pacific which is why I had a hard time finding a realistic flight plan

Thank you! May I ask what website/app you used to find this and how you found the flight plan? I just want to find out so I don’t need to keep asking :)

@ZZBossGaming that is from Flightaware. Find the flight number, scroll down and you’ll see route. Then it’ll show that👆

1 Like

Thanks! Really appreciate that!

1 Like

Does flight aware almost use the same flight plan as simbrief?

SimBrief uses the current preferred routings, though I’m not sure if they’re updated daily. FlightAware uses the actual filed flight plan. Can’t get more accurate than that.

2 Likes

Not usually, as unless you are a paid subscriber to SimBrief (i.e. not using the free version of the resource), then the AIRAC cycles (Aeronautical Information Regulation and Control cycles) can be outdated, meaning you may be flying using outdated approach procedures, etc.

I normally use simbrief

2 Likes

You don’t need to sign your posts/topics. We all can see who published it ;). Not a big deal but they say not to do it.

To answer your question, I think Simbrief is the best for what your looking for.

1 Like

So could I use flightaware in fpltoif.com?

1 Like

You can, yes. For flights which have a US (or Canada?) Endpoint.

1 Like

This website has both quick plan and simbrief

Use flight aware and then decode the route,copy and paste into notes and select the route from the right of the table and then copy into the search bar once in IF:)

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Lincoln_Green! 😃🎉

For my FPL, I don’t know what to use, I just make my own FPL. I also sometimes do what @AarkonTV does.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the most realistic in my opinion… but if I’m in a rush I will just make my own or use an app that just generates one for me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.