How do I fly the MD-11F

How to fly the MD-11F

5 Likes

Step 1: Select the MD-11F
Step 2: Spawn
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

In all seriousness, the MD-11 is not an easy aircraft to fly, so this video, posted by Infinite Flight, should be quite useful. If you are able to fly it, it certainly is a handful and quite fun to fly.

34 Likes

She is definitely a fun bird to master. The video does a great job at learning the basics.

4 Likes

Only tip I have is 60% trim on take off and hope for the best.

5 Likes

Do you have questions on any particular problem(s)?

1 Like

As long as it hasn’t changed flight models in the last 8 months, just remember that you need to be able to deal with large nose-up angles while flying the MD. It tends to live around 5 degrees positive pitch and thus if you’re used to the other planes it can feel like you’re going to stall all the time - but it won’t. It’s actually quite a stable aircraft as long as you don’t get scared off by the high pitch.

12 Likes

To be honest, It’s just kind of like a normal plane to fly lol

Not really so sure what to say but check out the video that @LordWizrak sent.

3 Likes

Keep the blue side up?

5 Likes

Usually helps! 😂😅

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the help to fly the MD-11F @LordWizrak @Lavoe787 @skye @AndrewWu

Its pretty easy! Heres a few basics:

Takeoff trim: 30%
Landing trim: 60%

Final at 140 kts and ykull butter everytime!

6 Likes

The only thing i can add is from watching an episode of Air Disasters where they mention that the 11 got a smaller tail, thus smaller horizontal stabilizers/elevators, and therefore land faster than any other jet in the world. They quoted final speeds up to 175kts, “only fighter jets land faster”.

1 Like

Certainly got great stopping distance

5 Likes

This is my favorite aircraft

2 Likes

The MD-11F the 3 engine hasn’t any engine

2 Likes

And it’s still capable to fly. What a masterpiece of engineering 😄

4 Likes

Oh, the plane doesn’t use an engine. It is powered by wind, like a sailboat!

Jk

But, that’s probably cause it has not been reworked in a while.

4 Likes

Ok 😊 that why the MD-11F isn’t reworked

1 Like

The center engine not showing is more of an intended thing, given it’s not visible in real life either unless you basically climb into the intake. No point in wasting polygons for things not showing :)

6 Likes

Ok @Thomas_Cunningham next time will do that