How do I engage GPS, ILS nav?

After I select a GPS or ILS nav, how do I get the airplane to track it? Doesn’t seem like selecting “AP” works

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Maybe you are looking for this:

The ILS is intercepted at altitudes between 2000ft-3000ft. When the triangle and rectangle intercept themselves, you will have intercepted it. To keep yourself there, follow your groundspeed.

Also how you intercept it.

@SkyFly… Appears your a bit confused Sky. The IF Autopilot is not a programmable Flight Director, you still have to make the waypoint turns in your flight plan, a prompt will appear at the top of the screen. Input that heading in the heading block as noted… The only hand off system presently available is called “AutoLand”. Explanations on how the Flight Plan, Auto Pilot and Autoland are well described in the tutorials. To assist in your learning curve I suggest you download the FAA free publication, “The Pilots Handbood” at faa.com as well.

I’m familiar with the more realistic nature of MSFS - where the airplane will automatically intercept the localizer and track the approach, staying on glideslope automatically, etc. once the freqs are set. I wasn’t speaking of autoland. And lol on the FAA airman handbook, I’ve been a private pilot for years now (and have a degree in Aeronautics).

@SkyFly… Ok pard! Suggest you note your Quals in your profile! That way the old crows will not take you for a fledgling. (Your Topic had that new kid feel) We speak technical to on the Forum, you’ll find some very qualified aviators on IF who take things seriously! Welcome aboard. Mad Max Sends

What do you mean by “follow your groundspeed” after intercepting the glide slope?

Do you mean “mantain groundspeed”?

If you want to stay on the glideslope, do GSx5=VS. Most of the time, your -VS will be around -600/-800ft/m.

closed #17