How do I earn the Wiki badge?

Hello all,

I was wondering how I earn the Wiki editor badge?

Thank you

You need to be a Regular or higher to get the badge as it requires features that aren’t available to users that aren’t TL3 or above.

4 Likes

Actually there are many people who aren’t regulars who earned the badge. @Qantas094 there is no point lying. It’s ok if u don’t know.

Those people were probably former regulars.

1 Like

They earned the badge before they lost regular

1 Like

Oh ok then

Oh ok then, sorry about that @Qantas094

I have the Wiki Editor badge and I’m not a Regular.

2 Likes

Oh ok then, how do u do it? @Altaria55

Become a Regular. Then edit a wiki.

1 Like

Oh ok, so ur no longer a regular? @Altaria55

Nope. Haven’t been since last summer.

1 Like

I forgot, you actually can get it without being a regular. If a mod makes one of your posts a wiki, you can get it then… I think

1 Like

Oh ok then, is it hard?

Nope. Just edit a wiki. It’s just like editing a post, but it’s someone else’s that all the other TL3+ can edit, too.

1 Like

U mean Wikipedia or what? @Altaria55

Lol no. A wiki is a discourse feature where if a Regular or Mod can make editing available to a specific post for all Mods and Regulars can edit as well.

Take this post for example - if it were to be made into a wiki right now, all the Regulars, like @TRDubh, and mods could also edit it, not just me.

4 Likes

Ok how can I make it a Wiki? So I can make my post editable by others?

You have to be a Regular (TL3), or a mod has to do it. If you try to get a mod to do it, I highly doubt they’ll do it because it’s not a post full of information.

Like the “every airline in the world topic”. I can guarantee you that’s a wiki.

1 Like

Yeah that’s ok, anyway thanks for all the help. I think we can get the mods to close this