How Do I Add Altitudes To My Waypoints?

Hi! I just took off from KSFO and I’m on my way to Sydney, how do I add altitudes to my way points for stepclimbing? Thanks for your help and this is a little urgent too.

1 Like

Stepcliming for VNAV is not inthis first itiration of VNAV. Itl come more down the road for now its for descent :)

1 Like

Is there a way? I don’t think so but idk

Oh! Okay! Thanks for your quick reply!

1 Like

Step climbing has not been implemented yet. Here is a tutorial for how to use VNAV and add altitudes to your fixes for descent:

2 Likes

To add an altitude to a waypoint generally speaking, you tap on the waypoint you wish to add an altitude to, and tap on “SET ALT”. Then you type in whatever altitude you desire.

If you wish to delete an altitude, tap on the altitude you wish to remove, tap on SET ALT, and tap ok. Don’t enter anything into the text field. Don’t put 0 as 0 is an altitude. 🙂

3 Likes

Wait what? Can you please reiterate that

1 Like

I couldn’t find the set altitude button. Where is it?

Thank you for the video!!

Watch the tutorial linked above. You press the bottom right hand corner button on your map screen. A black rectangle full of your fixes will appear on the left. At the bottom of this rectangle is SET ALT.

1 Like

It’ll be on your FPL page at the bottom next to the up down arrows.

3 Likes

Thanks! That helps a lot!

1 Like

Ok! Thanks you!

How do we get to our flight plan page again?

Remember: if you ever have a question regarding the update’s new features or anything to do with flying, controlling, or making FPLs, you can always refer to Infinite Flight’s user guide.

1 Like

Bottom right hand corner of the map page. If you look in @DeerCrusher’s picture it says MAP FPL. This button cycles through three different map/FPL views.

1 Like

Same as before. Nothing changed in this regard. Tap on the globe on the bottom left corner, and change your Map view on the right to MAP, MAP FPL or FPL

1 Like

I got u thx

1 Like

Just have a quick question, sorry if this is a little off topic but aren’t all altitude restrictions that are on that STAR irl in the app already or do you have to manually input them everytime according to what it says on the charts?

VNAV auto-configures itself for the STAR, but it allows you to edit the altitudes and add other altitudes along the way if you want a steeper or shallower descent.

1 Like