How do airlines receive their planes

I keep on thinking how airlines receive small planes like for example, as I know the Boeing company is in U.S.A and a country in Asia or Africa orders a plane like a b737 as I know it has a short range, how do they deliver it to a far country mag the only is a ship or what ?

2 Likes

It’s actually easier that it seems. Anchorage is a great place for a stopover to Asia. The 737 can also make it to Europe from the east coast.

Don’t underestimate a fully fueled plane with no passengers. They can go farther than you think.

3 Likes

the airbus beluga for example…

1 Like

Simply by stopovers… surely someone can elaborate for him give some examples?

1 Like

I‘m not sure but airlines usually order their planes on the smartphone and it should spawn a few minutes later in their hangar!

4 Likes

Oh… I forgot about that, we are so advanced🙃

2 Likes

I believe they have multiple factories across continents to allow all airlines to receive their aircrafts.

I heard Airbus opened one in Alabama USA, don’t take my word for it tho

1 Like

Well yes they have an Airbus factory in Mobile, Alabama
https://www.google.com/maps?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&q=airbus+factory+mobile+alabama&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoCCCk6BAgpEEM6BAgAEEM6CAgAELEDEJECOgUIABCRAjoFCAAQgwE6BQgAELEDOgcIABCDARBDOgUILhCDAToHCAAQsQMQQzoHCAAQsQMQCjoFCC4QsQM6BQguEJMCOgcILhAKEJMCOgQIABAKOgIILjoFCCEQoAFQms0iWPT0ImD8_SJoAXAAeACAAYwBiAH2CpIBBDIxLjGYAQCgAQGwAQU&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC0Oyn3fHpAhUFba0KHdhaBuwQ_AUoAXoECBEQAQ

3 Likes

Might wanna use a title and link the title to that huge link

1 Like

Pfh😂 whatever!

2 Likes

The one Airbus has in Alabama is only for the Airbus A220.

In general, aircraft that need to be flow long ways to get to their customers do what is called"ferry flights". These flights are operated completely empty and with full fuel tanks and use stopovers to refuel. Boeing aircraft having to cross the Pacific usually use Anchorage and another airport in East Asia, Boeing’s crossing Pacific would use Newfoundland or Hallifax in Canada. Airbus Aircraft crossing Atlantic would fly direct to Newfoundland (or Iceland) and then onwards. Airbus going to Asia might stop in Azerbaijan or Central Asia. Not all ferry flights use the same airports for stopovers, it all depends on aircraft, winds, pilots, company etc.!

2 Likes

I know that when Hawaiian Airlines get there B717’s delivered to Hawaii. There are no seats in the cabin, but big fuel tanks, because there really isn’t anywhere for the 717 to stopover to.

3 Likes

Always wondered how Hawaiian gets its 717s

1 Like

I know for 737 deliveries to Europe, I’ve seen some planes go from Boeing Field in Washington to Reykjavík in Iceland or eastern Canada and then continue to Europe.

When the MAX was being delivered, I tracked a bunch of them being delivered to Asia. Most common route seemed to be Boeing Field—>Honolulu—>Guam—>Wherever in Asia the plane was going to.

The Mobile factory also handles A320 family planes for US customers. Several A321s have been built there for Delta, American, Spirit, and JetBlue along with some A320neos for Frontier, for example.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.