How did your first long haul go?

A feel a lot of people here on the IFC have done a long haul at least once, so I wonder: What was you guys’ first long haul like? I’ll start us off: My first long haul was EGLL - KLAS, and let’s just say we never saw a landing. I didn’t bring enough fuel and ended up crashing in easter Canada. However, it also felt weird not having to be around my phone while flying. So how was yours?

(There may be a topic already on this, but I couldn’t find one, so please let me know if there is one.)

9 Likes

It was KJFK-EGLL

A go around and a landing on grass

5 Likes

I think my first long haul was EGLL-KJFK, in a Virgin Atlantic 787-9. I also forgot to put enough fuel in, so I crashed in the Atlantic Ocean

2 Likes

KJFK-EGLL, in a BA 787, went pretty smooth.

3 Likes

Well, mine was good except the fact on my first long haul my Dad turned off my device thinking I forgot to put it away. But then I flew LFPG to KFLL with the Norwegian B789. It was the best flight I’ve ever done!

Good times @NYFLFlyer22

5 Likes

My first long haul was KLAX-EGLL in a AA 77W. Went well.

2 Likes

Mine was RJTT to KLAX. I didn’t know how to use LNAV at the time, and I ended up in Alaska

5 Likes

KFLL-OMDB with @Drummer and @Shiv…ah…the good 'ol days.

4 Likes

Did KORD-ESSA overnight, didn’t know LNAV was a thing and i had to adjust heading manually. I stayed up the whole night and landed in the morning. The next day i realized how LNAV worked, i was pretty much shocked…

1 Like

Mine was OMDB-EGLL, apart from me iPhone 6’s screen popping off because off the heat damage, I would say a pretty standard flight, passengers delivered safely. To any wanting to do a LH I wish you luck! 🥴

The good 'ol days as T-BOLT said (which aren’t very old because I only did my first LH about 6 months ago) 🤫

3 Likes

Well, I flew out of LAX bound for somewhere, but the sim crashed so I virtually screamed my head off at Seb in a PM because I was very immature in 2018 (same day I joined the forum). Since then I’ve changed, for the better of course.

I completed my first LH from LAX to LHR in about 11 hours. Quite uneventful.

2 Likes

I don’t remember clearly but it was like WSSS-EGLL on A330

1 Like

Tried flying from LAX to Singapore on an A380. Flew at 180 knots at 38,000 feet. Decided to quit my flight.

1 Like

It was LSZH-CYVR

My first artic flight, I enjoyed it sleeping with the 777 engine sound in the background :D

1 Like

Mine was KJFK-EGLL

Result: Slammed into the ground trying to fish-hook onto the green runway ends.

1 Like

KLAX-NZAA

Got 3 lvl 1 violations because I didn’t know what VNAV did and left it on 🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

Mine was NZAA-KLAX 🤪
It was so hard for me to control it and I had to stop at Honolulu to refuel cause I was running low on fuel, the flight that should have lasted 11h, Lasted 20h 30min hahaha
So pityfull

4 Likes

Mine was KCLT-EDDM. Flight went pretty good, just put more than enough fuel in the A350.

1 Like

Mine was more medium but it was EGLL to JFK. I fell victim to the old bug where after a long flight you would crash on landing. It was a sad day 😂

2 Likes

Mine was KJFK to RCTP in an EVA 77W, had to stop at Incheon to refuel and then did one of the worst landings I’d ever done before in Taipei.

1 Like