How did you start your Aviation life? And IF Life?

He guys here you guys will post about how did you love aviation and became an Avgeek!
Me:- I never been on a plane before jun 15, I wanted to be pilot 7yrs old, but i was watching a lots of Air Crash investigation so it made me Afraid and i said “No, I wont be a pilot” alsobat that moment i loved cars and Trucks and i was an Expert in Cars.
In june 15 it was my first time on a plane, i felt my legs will fall down, i was so scared in both roundtrips.
I came back from SSH, i started reading about Aviaton and planes, and i watched a lots of videos, then u started tonlove aviation, then i started to fly Simulators like Xplane 9, Pilot! And when i reached uae i went immideatly to buy IF, I started the sim i was like (What the …! It was so Complicated) and i left it till March or April, in that moment i said, I will start flying, i grabbed my phone and started IF and went to start a Flight from WMKK to WSSS, My ALT was 1500ft, and spd was 190, then i started to increase my ALT and Spd everytime 500ft and 5Knots, Till i reached 15000ft, but decenting was bad but i developed it and now i am in love with aviation and my Dream to be a pilot will be true :)

What about you? Share it with us!

2 Likes

When I was 7 or so I watched Air Crash Investigation with my friend.
A few years later I started to read my fathers aviation magazines.
Thats how it started for me.
My dad also told some stories about his C172.

2 Likes

Dad is a pilot, my. I’m is an ex QF flight attendant. I got into an interest in my dads work since I was young. My IF life started out sitting on a couch and my brother was like " check this out" so I did some research and when I came back from school the next day they released the A330 and my dad got it for us when it was only 3.99 AUD

2 Likes

IF changed my life. I’m an avgeek now and before I was playing IF I knew nothing about planes this is insane

3 Likes

The good old air crash investigation series they was the best use to watch them years and years ago!

3 Likes

It was my teacher. He asked everyone is class to stand up and talk about what we wanna be when we grow up. I didnt plan and i randomly said i wanna be a pilot.

And so it began.

I cant be a commercial pilot tho, so getting a PPL works xD ive since diverted towards being an ATC.

In my studies, i was more of an aviation engineer so it was more mechanical. I joined IF only last year, who knew a phone app could work so well. I discovered this community about 8 months back, thats where i was fully set to be an ATC.

I dont have a windows computer so i never had those fancy simulators, my phone is all i got and IF certainly made its mark for me there.

3 Likes

About 2 years ago, we had a career day at our school, and a Lufthansa pilot attended. I always though aviation was fascinating so I went to his booth to talk to him about his job. He was really nice, and gave me a lot of information. About 1 year after that career day, we moved to Hamburg, and my dad took me to the airport to show me this restaurant that is located near one of the runways. At that moment I decided that I want to be a pilot, and I started getting into aviation. I started following aviation accounts on instagram, and started learning about planes, and aviation. I found Infinite Flight when I was looking for flight simulators on the app store, and it was the best purchase I have ever made!

6 Likes

For me, I like Aerodynamic kind of games, which started I’m Formula One fan, from Age of 20 I started to watch F1 until now. And I know F1 using Aerodynamic to control car stability.

Until 2011 F1 got new technology called DRS (Drag Reduction System), from that time I started to think Aeroplane surely got all kind “thing” to control plane, I was excited and find all kind of plane game and finally I founded IF and I was addicted to IF…

2 Likes

Being I live under left downwind for Runway 22L at JFK, when the runway is in use, many, many aircraft fly over, including quite a few 380s. That, combined with IF, and frequent traveling, sparked my interest for aviation. Right now, I’m training for my PPL in a Cessna 172 out of KFRG.

2 Likes

My first flight which was on an aerlingus to Dublin and I used to watch plane spotting and air crash investigation and it got me hooked on and then all of a sudden I fell in love with aviation and hoping to be a commercial pilot

2 Likes

Well, it’s a bit strange for a person like me to be so interested in aviation. Why? I don’t live anywhere near any major airports. I don’t have any aviation background in my family.
I was introduced into the “aviation world” when I was a younger kid. I went to Scotland with my family, of course, flying out of two major world hubs, Chicago and London, as well as Glasgow. I didn’t really become involved in aviation at all after that trip, just became aware, and curious. Then, when I was 11, I took a family vacation to the Bahamas, again flying through some major airports, Chicago and Fort Lauderdale, as well as North Eleuthra in the Bahamas. This opened my eyes even more to the diverse aviation world.
The interesting part that really got me interested in aviation was actually through a History project at school. We had to create and fully plan a trip to Europe for ourselves, and this included booking flights for our trip. I was directed by my teacher to Google Flights, which is basically a site that compares all flights by different airlines side by side. I began searching for flights for my make-believe trip to Europe, and I couldn’t believe the options through that search button! So many different ways to fly through so many different airports with so many airlines and so many planes!From there, I just started to search different routes all over the world just out of curiosity of what flights would were available for options. It opened up a whole side that I didn’t even realize existed! I soon began to search the airlines and aircraft that were listed from these flights just to see what they looked like.
You could guess that from there it just steadily grew. I began starting to look up websites like airliners.net and looked through spotting pictures, started following forums about aviation. I downloaded FlightRadar24 and started tracking flights, which opened up my eyes even more than Google Flights. I listened to ATC through Liveatc.net, while tracking FlightRadar. I searched through airport webcams so I could watch the action in real time, because I don’t have anywhere near to me that I can go spotting. It has just kept on growing from there as to where I searched for a flight simulator, which brought me to Infinite Flight, and this community! The rest is history!

3 Likes

In late May, 2002, I arrived in the world, 3 weeks early, and had to be put in an incubator for 10 days causing my parents to miss the Golden jubilee and the world cup.

3 Likes

It all started when I was 7 or 8years old.Like what any child would do,I was playing some type of racing game on my mom laptop.At that time,I was thinking if they had games for flying because I thought of how planes could fly and how do people fly them.At that time,I never new what was a Simulator was.But anyway,I typed in Airplane Games.First thing that came up was some type of bootleg game so I never played it.So I clicked of the page and scrolled down until I found some game called Microsoft Flight Simulator X 2010.I looked at the pics and it looked real.Back then I had a habit of downloading anything that interested me so I downloaded it or attempted to but it says I have to pay for it.My mom kept saying no but I just lived with it.Thank god I found a demo of it and I knew what a demo was.So I proceeded to download it.Although it took a very long time it was definitely worth it.I played it,and it was fun to play.2 days later I deleted it because I got bored of it.Fast forward to 2012.I moved from Hollywood Beach,FL to Fort Lauderdale,FL.Fast Forward to 2013 in August.I was in 6th grade at the time.Thank god I found the only person in that school who knew about planes.Anyway,that whole year I never knew about Infinite Flight.2014 was my year.It was the summer time.At that time I had my own phone to download stuff.I was playing FSX again just wondering about planes again because it seems that I moved closer to KFLL and I can hear planes land on Runway 10L.September 2014.The First day Runway 10R opened for service and it was a school day so I was so excited to go home that day.When I was walking to my front door, I believe it was a Delta B767 that flew over my house at about 3-400 feet.I was a bit scared because it was that low and the bigness of it.So around new years or first week of 2015, I was just look for realistic flight simulators and I seen IF.Once again I had to pay for something again and seeked on the internet for a demo.I never found a demo but a website said I can get it for free.It took me 2 weeks to find a proper APK file and I downloaded it and opened it. First,I seen A Cessna 172 and KSFO.And I pressed Fly.I nearly got happy because I couldn’t get all planes but I still played it,I liked it and I played more.Fast Forward to Feb.2016.I found out about Google play cards and I bought one to buy GTA 3.But then I said wait.I quickly typed in Infinite flight and bought it without thinking.Downloaded it and played it all night.From Feb-June,I spent about $25 on the game.Now,I know about more Aircraft and finally got to purchase Live+ so I can do everything I wanted to do the first day I played this game.

3 Likes

All started with my first ever flight on a plane, then there’s a lot of boring in-between stuff and now I run a VA, I’m Advanced ATC, glider pilot, I’ve actually flown in an A320 simulator and after all I hope I somehow make it into a commercial airliner’s cockpit one day.
Crazy.

2 Likes

I was like 5 years old. We were at GRU and about to board a TAM A320 to EZE and I was just fascinated. Very simple.

2 Likes

IF, I just looked for a good simulator and I bought it because I really felt it was a good simulator (This was in 2014) and then I started flying in IF

2 Likes

When I was 6 I always used to draw planes… (I thought planes could fly in space lol) Well a few years later I became more and more interested in planes and started going into these flightsims…

1 Like

My family travels a lot and since a young age i fell in love with flying. It wasn’t until about 2011 when I got more serious about aviation and I grew more knowledgeable, then I got IF.

2 Likes

I have always been interested in transportation for as long as I can remember. The first time I remember being interested in aviation was when I was going down the highway next to my local airport (KFNT), and a 717 (I believe it was operated by AirTran) came in right in front of my families car. Then in 5th grade, there was a class with a flight simulator in it. Even though I didn’t know what I was doing, I liked it. These events, with a few other experiences, made me want to be a pilot.
I discovered Infinite Flight about 2 years ago from a friend. He told me to check out this simulator that he has so I did and I liked it so I bought it. Five dollars well spent.

1 Like

I was continually browsing for flight simulators on the Playstore, and the only decent game I had was Extreme Landings Pro. Then I looked for IF, bought it, and been using it quite a lot.

1 Like