How did you get into infinite flight

Hello and welcome to the how did you get into infinite flight thread. Down below feel free to share how you go into Infinite flight. That includes how you found the app, got more involved or how you found an online place to connect and hang out.

5 Likes

I was searching for aviation apps on the App Store and came across it. I have been playing it since and it has been one of the best aviation apps I have ever downloaded. In December of 2022 I found the forum and have been hanging out with this unique and fun community since.

4 Likes

I knew I wanted to be a pilot so I downloaded IF, but I didn’t wanna pay for pro so I went to Xplane, but then I looked at the App Store and I wanted to give IF pro a try because it looked cool, ever since then I have been addicted to IF and I just love flying so much!

4 Likes

I saw it on the app store many years ago, never had the money for it ( it was like $4.99 back then ) I bought it in 2020 but didn’t play it cause of PRO but in 2022 I was bored in Colombia on a trip and decided to play for a bit and it was actually fun even without PRO but I finally got it later that same year and I’ve been addicted to IF since.

6 Likes

Funny. I saw it on flightradar24 when the 3D came out so I was bored and decided to check it out. I currently have no money to pay for pro :( but I should sometime in the far future. I’m perfectly content with practicing with the free aircraft and by myself (tho I occasionally race with my bro).

7 Likes

I. found it on the App Store.
Downloaded it.
Liked it.
Still playing today.

:)

4 Likes

Found it on the App Store around 2016. I liked what I saw, and haven’t really stopped since

3 Likes

My dad made a surprise to me, when i was 12 y’o , and then i really liked the game and still playing today, grade 4 and have a lot of friends here:)

3 Likes

I was looking at flight simulators on the play store, and I saw, from the preview images, a Q400, which was my favorite aircraft back in 2018.

I jumped on the occasion and bought the game, and bought PRO when I realised that the Q400 wasn’t included in the basic version.

4 Likes

Through a “jeu d’avion” (plane game in French) Google search when I was 12.

5 Likes

I was simply searching for flight simulators on the App Store back in 2012! 😄

14 Likes

my strict mom didn’t wanna pay for msfs, because it was too expensive, so she told me I could choose between IF and Xplane (i’m pretty sure you know) and the rest is history

3 Likes

I was on vacation up north in logging country Maine and it was the only game that would work with 1 bar of signal and when I came back I got pro.

(I had played before global when I was like 5 but then deleted the game)

3 Likes

Searched around in 2016, bought it (I think it was like $4.99 that time), played it a bit, forgot about , and fast forward to 2020, quarantine struck, got pro, Grade 1, joined IFC, Grade 2 in 2021, Grade 3 in 2023, and here I am today.

2 Likes

my homie @BazeAeOfficial , who i met at sleepaway camp, told me about it

3 Likes

Just like everyone on here I found it on the App Store in 2017 and it’s the only thing that I do when I’m bored or I’m tired of playing other games I love flying and I fly every single day

2 Likes

For me, I found the app through a YouTuber (I think Swiss) when I was 9, so, I went and checked the app store on my parent’s phone and found that it costed money
Fast forward about 5 years and I have my own phone, I check again and now it’s free, but pro wasn’t, so I rarely played it
Fast forward 2 more years to now and I finally have a job, and I finally bought pro, been enjoying it since

3 Likes

I had a friend in middle school who introduced me to the app. I didnt have any electronics at the time, but once I did a few years later IF was the first thing i downloaded.

2 Likes

“La même” (same) for me back in 2013.

2 Likes

Found it looking through the app store and ended up playing the 2016 version for like 5 years on an old tablet until I got a phone that could support IF And have been here ever since.

1 Like