How did you get into Infinite Flight?

I wanted to get into flight simulators and FSX was to complicated for me and I didn’t really have the time for it. So I searched on the app store and got a 2D flight simulator where the passengers would scream if you pitched the planes nose to high or low. The game was very good. It was so good that I deleted it. So I found IF, practiced landings and takeoffs at TNCM and had it about for 2 years before I started doing proper flights. Then I found out about live and got it. Since then I’m really enjoying IF. I am also really hyped for Global.

2 Likes

I just looked for flights sims to play

1 Like

I watch lots of YouTube.
I saw this video on a mobile device about infinite flight. Got me hooked so I watch more videos on this. I found out there was atc and that made me want infinite flight to the MAX.
I was then saddened to know that there was a inapppurchase for the multiplayer. But I had the money to buy it!

i watch less YouTube now!!

Basically YouTube brought me here lol

1 Like

So I was stuck on “night work” repaving the New Jersey Turnpike and Interstate 295 back in 2012 and found IF during some down time. I must admit, until 2015 I wasn’t very active. As the developers added new planes and the dynamics and realism of the game shifted so did my activity. I gotta be honest and admit I had my doubts that a team could pull off such a feat with a mobile based application allowing users to virtually fly anywhere without needing a desktop and a desk.

4 Likes

Found it similar to you, way back in 2013 when it cost like $2 AUD or something

1 Like

I had broken my foot and was off work for a few weeks. Needed a game to keep me from ticking over, and now I’m addicted!

5 Likes

I’ve loved flying since I can remember really. Honestly, since seeing Top Gun!! I started playing X-Plane at first, it was cool, but then I found infinite flight a few years ago! Haven’t looked back yet! Now I’m flying in the Marine Corps and still love playing this sim.

4 Likes

I was in Cancun Mexico on a summer holiday, I arrived back on August 3rd early morning after a 8 hour flight, I wanted to find a flight sim app which was better than the ones at the time, so I asked my friend and he recommended Infinite Flight. I downloaded and found it difficult so left it till December of 2014 till Live was realesed. When I spawned for the first time it was Half Moon Bay or #halfmoonchaos as I call it. I went to the Southern California region and flew around KSBD trying to avoid the Class Bravo airspaces as I could only fly in Delta and Charlie airspaces if I remember.

I got better at flying and continued it from there. Just hit my 3 year anniversary of downloading the app on August 3rd 2014.

6 Likes

I was getting tired of unrealistic Flight sims and I wanted to find a realistic one. So then I found infinite flight, about 4 years ago. At first I thought it was too complicated so I deleted it. A few hours later (LOL) I re-downloaded it and gave it another try. Ever since then, I’ve had the app!

1 Like

It was after my first flight in an airplane in 2013 I think, after whent up I was so exited I whent in the app store and bought infinite flight! Haven’t Gotten Rid of it since!

1 Like

I searched flight simulators into the App Store quite a few years back and came across infinite flight :) First flew the old southwest 737 and immediately crashed lol after banking left too much #noob

3 Likes

I started looking for sims back in 2014 on the App Store, I found some other sims, carrier landing, x-plane, Aerofly, but none of them seemed good to me, then I saw IF.
I got it, and purchased the 77W like most other people. I didn’t do any actual flights until 2016, but I still had fun going to 50,000 feet in an F18. Then I found out about the IFC by accidentally clicking on the little “calendar” in the home page on the left side. I joined and instantly looked up tutorials 😂

3 Likes

I was looking for a decent airplane games on my iPad. I stumbled upon Infinite Flight, and I knew it was going to be fun because they had more aircrafts than X-Plane 9. I replaced it with Infinite Flight and I played it until now. I cannot believe how far Infinite Flight has gone, I mean just think about it! Global is hitting the App Store/Play Store soon and I know that it’s going to be worth it. Once Global arrives, I will update IF and at the same time, I will always remember when I enjoyed every last bit of the older versions of Infinite Flight. I will miss all of the times when I am stuck in the regions with the old scenery and with the annoying floating point bug.

How I found the Community: "I played Infinite Flight since 2013 and I absolutely love the sim. I found the Infinite Flight Community on accident when I was trying to learn how to fly the Dash-8. I joined on May 30, 2016. I’m actually really proud that I stayed here long enough to get to know each other and have fun! What would my life be if Infinite Flight never existed? I would lose my interest in aviation if Infinite Flight doesn’t exist. I am writing this to show I passionate I am for aviation and Infinite Flight. I wanted to say thank you to everybody here on the Community for helping Infinite Flight grow. Without you, I wouldn’t be here and Infinite Flight would fail for sure."
Source: my bio.

Thank you so much for having me here as a friendly member/regular and thank you FDS for making my life way better than before :)

4 Likes

I went to New England Air Muesam at Bradley International airport, and flew on the sims they had there x-plane, FSX and so on. When we got home I searched sims up ok the App Store and found infinite flight. This was many years ago when infinite flight had just coke out. I remember trying to land a crj-200 at KPSP and always failing thinking it was my fault.😂😂

2 Likes

Was searching for flight simulator in the App Store during 2013/14 and came about infinite flight, and in 2015 I started flying sim

1 Like

I started with some fighter sim and then added the space shuttle simulator. I downloaded IF and did normal landings on solo. I played for about a year before I realized what Live was. I purchased live and then started practicing for IFATC. Took my (first) IFATC test in December of 2015 and havent looked back. From there I focused more on controlling and then worked my way up to approach.

7 Likes

After taking about 30 hours of flight in 2 weeks, I got interested in aviation, especially when I flew on the 744. So then i looked into flight simulators, just to have fun, and that’s when I ran into IF, and have been flying for almost a year now!

I’m always a kid who is interested in flying, so I went from easiest to hardest. Starting from simple airplane games, Aerofly, and eventually Infinite Flight. All found the App Store.

I found it when I was when I was looking for a good flight sim for an Amazon Kindle.

I was actually looking for an ATC sim, which is when I ran into IF. I bought it and live almost instantly and have now been playing for 5 months.

1 Like