How did you get into Infinite Flight?

Seb, Laura and Tyler dropped a quick post in here so far. Let’s hear from other staff members and moderators!

11 Likes

Hey whatever gets us the pics works…

2 Likes

I got here from watching a gadget pilot video on YT, i just had to try IF out since it looked amazing

I could elaborate more… but that’ll have to wait :)

1 Like

Searched for Flight sims, Saw this one, felt in Love… Still there since 2012 I guess :)

2 Likes

Just over a year ago I sent an email to Laura about an interview/review for FlightSim Magazine;

We got talking, and then I was later introduced to Mark and Tyler. In the time the before interviews/review were published, I became qualified for IFATC, and joined the beta once the review was published. One thing led to another from that point on (ATC Scout, Alpha, then IFVARB, and then finally moderator). That’s it all in a nutshell.

I’m pretty glad to play such a big part in this community. Met many good peeps💁‍♂️

12 Likes

I came across it many years ago but never tried it because it looked like it wasn’t going to be fun like every other Flight simulator I came across but about two years later a friend who is interested in planes and was an infinite flight player suggested it so I tried it and loved it.😁😁😁

You went from someone who couldn’t even land to and ATC community manager. Wow anything is possible. I’m gonna go from some random infinite flight player to owner of and airline conpany. 😂😂

2 Likes

I got into Infinite Flight after searching for a space simulator on the App Store - all the way back in 2013. The App Store recomended IF to me, probably because of the space shuttle missions. I bought the app and immediately ditched the shuttle for the Delta 717. Live came in 2014, which I didn’t buy until October of 2015. I then joined the community in November of '15, and have been along for the ride ever since. IF cured my fear of flying, and also inspired me to work towards my private pilot liscence.

2 Likes

I found the app by downloading Aerofly FS 2 and watching a random IF video from the official youtube channel.

I had just bought my first iPad (the iPad 2) when I was a senior in high school. I was randomly going through the app store looking up various games and I thought, “I wonder if there’s a flight sim?” Infinite flight was one if the first ones to come up. Was the very first app I paid for (EVER!) and I fell in love with it. The graphics and physics were nothing like they are today, didn’t have Multiplayer at the time, but I still loved it. Ironically planes have always interested me, but I’m scared of flying 😅

But infinite flight was the best $5 I ever spent, and its still my favorite app today. Nothing I’ve seen comes close to what FDS has accomplished

2 Likes

I bought IF in 2013/14 (can’t remember) played with it for a few days, looking for a nice flightsim. Sadly, I had no knowledge of aviation, so I was pretty much that guy who tailstriked on takeoff from KSFO. Then I took a year long break until live came out. I first bought live (and me being the noob I was) spawned in a Delta/Echo in the London Region with an Embraer and tried taking off. Naturally, I ran off the runway and crashed (everyone was probably laughing at this moment too). I took another long break after this, then found youtube and started watching @IFSM and Infinite Flight Multiplayer. This is when I truly learned to fly and learned how to properly use flaps, climb, descend, use ATC, etc. After learning how to do this in solo, I was a pretty good pilot. Then I found the community and my whole understanding of flying changed. I learned so much from the regs, Mark and Tyler with their tutorials and came to where I am now :).

5 Likes

Great question, fun thread. For me I was just looking for any diversion, a cheap little game to calm the mind while I take a break from work or settle down in the evening, that sort of thing. So not seeking a sim in particular, but I stumbled on IF and downloaded on a whim, now here I am over a year later with ~380hrs to my name, plus an active interest in aviation and pursuing the ppl in a couple years. I had enough casual interest and knowledge to make it through the initial part of the learning curve, but I truly doubt that I’d have got to this level of passion and immersion without finding this community, so thanks to all.

2 Likes

I’m gonna make this quick and summarise it as much as possible.

Christmas, December 2015 my dad bought me a model of an Emirates A380 and I became obsessed with it, so I really wanted to land and takeoff a plane (I know right, how can a model plane make you want to land a plane?) So I went on my phone and searched for flight simulators (like everyone else) and I saw infinite flight. It looked amazing, the reviews were fantastic and I really wanted to play then I saw it cost money so I was like mum! Can I please get it!? So she bought it for me and I was like… I don’t know how to fly this! I can still remember saying that today… anyway, I eventually became obsessed with flying the planes then one day I accidentally clicked the facebook link to IF’s Facebook page and I saw a link to the Infinite Flight Community (July 11th, 2016) and that’s where I met new friends and learned a lot more about aviation blah blah, and then October came with the dreamliner update and I became obsessed with the plane, that day was also the day I discovered Laura then I discovered she was the co founder then moving on to the next couple of months I learned a lot about aviation and all that blah blah… And I made more friends and discovered who the moderators and other staff were and that’s pretty much it! I’m sorry this is such a long paragraph by the way…

2 Likes

I remember, in 2013, I purchased IF. I was attracted by the pictures, and hence decided to install the app. I remember doing touch and goes in the Cessna 172, and doing flights in London region in an Embraer. After doing the space shuttle mission, I started playing IF regularly. When live came, I remember flying in one of the most crowded airports at that time - KHAF. After live, I started flying a lot daily. I also like the fact that the developers keep making this app better with every update. For example, the terrain and graphics improvement -

20170814_223404

10 Likes

Thank you so much for your service sir.

Exact same thing happened to me!! I could never do the mission so I just gave up. Lol

7 Likes

Back in the summer of 2015, I was flying back from Nassau to either LAX or San Diego with Jetblue and their A320. Something just clicked with me during this trip, and I went on the search for a flight simulator. A couple months later I stumbled upon Infinite Flight, and after a bit of debate, I bought it. Fast forward to November 15, 2015, and I decided to join the forums. Looking back, when I started flying on IF, I could barely fly the plane and didn’t know almost of the controls. Now, I am striving to earn good grades to get accepted into Embry-Riddle, I can read and explain ATC chatter, charts, and planes. There’s something that makes you happy when you know a whole lot that you’re family doesn’t :)

1 Like

I saw someone playing it on YouTube and asked my das to get for me for a birthday gift

Has the a320 family wing view been adjusted? It looks like it has, that would be amazing!

When global releases nothing will Out match infinite flight in my eyes.