How did you get into Infinite Flight?

Hello, I know this shouldn’t be a topic, but I just wanted to say that this game is really awesome. I have been playing for 8 months I believe, and I have not been disappointed. Thank you for this game and all of your hard work, and this community is awesome!

Would you people share how you got into Infinite Flight? I got into it just from searching for flight simulators on the App Store haha. I would love to hear how some of you got into IF.

43 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth.

57 Likes

Great way to start a topic. Lol.
I think i speak for everyone when i say your support is very much appreciated! :)

I think it started basically the same way for me as it did for you - searched for flight sims in App Store.

43 Likes

I was looking for a flight sim on mobile and I was looking for a good one on Youtube. I saw that a lot of video were talking about Infinite Flight so I decided to buy it at the same day I had my Galaxy S6 (22th December 2016).

Then about a month later I wanted to fly online but I saw that I had to pay +50 € which isn’t cheap.
But one day I was like “Ok Avon stop thinking about it and go buy it” ! I went out to a shop to buy two google play gift cards (50€+15€).

But when I arrived at home I have thought that I lost my 50€ card outside when I was coming back home.
But after a few minutes I have finally found it. I’ve felt so relieved 😂

Thank you FDS for this amazing sim!

14 Likes

I stumbled upon an Infinite Flight youtube video. The rest is history. I’ve never expected there to be such a large following. Bought live immediately.

9 Likes

I searched for flight sims on the play store and then I saw Infinite Flight.

9 Likes

I needed a flight sim that actually worked. I went through sooo many. I stuck with F-18 carrier landing for a bit. It’s actually kinda good. Then I found Infinite Flight - I’m not sure why I ended up actually paying for it… it was the first app I paid for. I really loved the 717 because the cockpit and just what it looked like. The first plane I bought was the 77W. Then I bought live. The first flight I did on Live was casual at KSFO. Then I joined the IFC

12 Likes

I was sick of xplane 9 ios horrible graphics found infinite flight on app store even early infinte flight aircraft 717 ect. Had much better graphics then xplane 9.

6 Likes

After a return flight from my holidays, watching the landing from my window seat and the airport traffic, I understood that aviation was my passion, so when I arrived at home I immediately searched for a Mobile Simulator and I found Infinite Flight. :)

7 Likes

I found out by searching for flight simulators on Google Play Store.

4 Likes

I saw a friend using IF and thought that it was cool. After around a month I got the app.

5 Likes

Back in 2014 was at a sport event and talking to some person about planes and the flights they have been on. They then asked if I had Infinite-Flight. I got it when they said it was on $6. I flew it ever now and again, I then got Live in 2016 after I arrived home from a Sydney to Brisbane flight. I did some flying then had to renew the subscription earlier this year. Made me more active and I jumped on the forums.

3 Likes

My friend had IF but didn’t really play it because he didn’t know how. I’ve been a bit of an aviation enthusiast for a while, so I know the basic idea of flying a plane even though I haven’t flown a plane (yet). I taught him some basics and since then we’ve both been hooked.

3 Likes

I was looking around the app store for a flight simulator/game, after a while of playing “Plane”, “Airplane!” and whatever those games were called, I moved on to look again, bought Infinite Flight, in like 2012, and now I just bought my 3rd Live+ subscription. :)

3 Likes

I don’t remember, I’m just happy to be part of the sim and the community.

5 Likes

Back in early 2015, I have an internet friend from Big Hero 6 Fandom whose brother is an aviation geek. Once I knew him for awhile, he showed me some Infinite Flight screenshots using the “crappy” Virgin 787-9. At that time, I wasn’t interested with the aviation world. My reaction to those screenshots were “Awesome” and I thinked it would be great if I have this app! So after I seek a permission from my parents, I bought the app and I used a Singapore Airlines A380 to start the sim (But I keep crashing the plane haha). After I got interested to the sim, I decided to purchase my first IAP, B777-300ER around 2 months after I bought the app. I joined the community at July 2015 after I wanted to request a feature for the simulator

Infinite Flight also made me to leave the fandom around 5 months after that

Infinite Flight has changed significantly since then. Thanks to Infinite Flight, I’m attracted to learn more about the aviation industry and being a Singapore Airlines’ fanboy 😊

11 Likes

Me? Simple.

I just searched for a flight sim then found Infinite flight on the top charts of the App Store. Since then… I play it till today.

3 Likes

This is quite a long story…
It all began one day when I was coming back from Dubai (In an Emirates 777 for those curious geeks) and the captain asked me if I wanted to sit on the captain’s seat. I instantaneously accepted his generous offer and went inside the cockpit (for the first time). I was bewildered by how many buttons there were and I asked the captain how he remembers which button does what. He gave me a reply that I remember even today, he said “If you want to do something, you will do it, no matter what.”
The very next day, my dad took me to a fully functional plane simulator near the airport and I was really good at handling the plane. My sim instructor (Who is still my instructor) told me about Infinite Flight… and that’s how I got to know about it!
If you’re still reading, thanks for doing so…
If you’re not, I can understand!

23 Likes

Actually saw in the reviews for X-plane mobile someone saying “not as good as infinite flight tho”

Got the game in November, stopped playing in Jan, back in Feb got live, joined IFC in feb

3 Likes

In early 2012 I was already checking for good flightsims on iOS all the time, but I wasn’t successful…

Then about half a year later when I was searching again, I saw IF and knew this was what I had been looking for all the time 😍

4 Likes