How did you discover the IFC?

Hello human specie!

I was wondering how you discovered the Infinite Flight Community?

I discovered it completely randomly… I wanted to open the settings, and accidentally clicked on “Tutorials”. IF redirected me to #tutorials and found it really usefull, and after 1 or 2 days, I realized it was actually a community. 😅

Tell me your stories! ☺️

6 Likes

Hello! I’m actually a unicorn (sorry Mish),

I discovered the IFC when I was looking on chrome for mobile flight sims and Infinite Flight’s website appeared and I pressed ‘community’ and that is how I found the forum.

4 Likes

Philippe posted a link on Facebook.

2 Likes

Last January, I decided to go through the links on the home page, and ended up here.

2 Likes

I got to the IFC when I had the wish to become an IFATC.

2 Likes

When on the main menu I hit the “community” button that directed me here.

1 Like

A controller showed me where the ATC scheduling was on the expert. I always liked to fly with ATC. Since then I visit the page daily.

3 Likes

When IFATC told you to check tutorials on using ATC on the forum.

4 Likes

I was mad because I was ghosted, RednoseHeavy told me what to do and yeah… that’s about it

But how I joined the IFC… wow… that was with a currently suspended user, he wanted me to join it and I didn’t think much of it

1 Like

I was ghosted in my early career, and then found the community and posted about my ghosting. @Damian got me in contact with my controller and yea, that’s really how i found the community

2 Likes

Though I started playing in 2015, I discovered the community 4 years ago when I accidentally hit one of the links in the app which redirected me to this forum. Went on multiple hiatuses throughout that time but I think 2019 was my most active year.

1 Like

The IF app, way back used to advertise the forums events.

2 Likes

I discovered the IFC for a similar reason as @Scandanavian54super did, to enquire about a ghost/violations issue (not too sure). Got the help I needed and began to check the IFC from time to time (which increased to a about daily use in 2019).

3 Likes

For me it was because I was having trouble with IF. I was searching around and found the IFC.

2 Likes

Was looking what it meant to be remaining in the pattern and found the IF tutorial which led me here

My what a noob i was

2 Likes

Well, I had been playing IF since 2015, and I had just got my IF sub back in Feb. 2019. So I had been playing casual and training server flights, and sometimes expert. So I searched something like “Infinite Flight Events” because I had always wanted to join one (I heard about them in the past). So I found the Seattle Flyout by @Matthew_20204, and I joined. That was my first post, and that’s how I joined IFC.

2 Likes

Before The massive “Global” Update came out, there was a Community Events Banner when entering Infinite Flight (On the main menu). It’s gone now, but I hope to see this again some day. This is all how my time in this forum started though. I joined a random event.

3 Likes

Got ghosted and wanted to contact the controller, that’s how I found it

1 Like

I’ve been on the forum for years but only just made an account in 2018. Don’t remember how I found it.

1 Like

That new profile picture is excellent!

Pretty cool pic.

1 Like