How did the moderators become Moderators?

I was really curious on how the lovely moderators we see today actually became moderators. Did they need to be trusted enough to become a Moderator? Did they get it when this forum was create? I wish to contribute and help the community someday and become a temporary Moderator (Volunteer). I wonder what are the rules Moderators have to follow in order to keep that fancy badge. Anyways, how did they become our great Moderators we see today?
An example of a Moderator

3 Likes

So basically you want to become a mod which now won’t happen because you basically asked to be a mod.

26 Likes

I did not ask to be a mod. All I said is I wish to contribute and volunteer SOME DAY in the future.

17 Likes

So you want to become a mod.

5 Likes

Come on be nice

25 Likes

In the future, yes. Now no

6 Likes

I never expected this to happen :/

10 Likes

I’ll flag it. 😉

16 Likes

Daniel,

you can can become a moderator by contributing good content to the community and overall being respectful and mature on the forum. There is also something about signing in daily, giving likes and receiving them.

I believe there is a nice article on that. I will find the link by searching it for you.

21 Likes

Be the alpha male. Flag him.

It’s what turns players into kings.

13 Likes

Hi ZBelle,

I was the bigger person and flagged him.

8 Likes

He’s speaking the truth and nothing but the truth.

6 Likes

We aren’t in court, and he’s not on the stand. 😅

10 Likes

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here

4 Likes

Order…Orderr 😂

10 Likes

It’s not what you do it’s how you do it. His comments were off topic and frankly curt in tone. That’s not who we are on this forum. If a member has a question let’s answer it with respect…Not badger the memebr with off topic comments and questions.

3 Likes

This is seriously going off topic :/ I seriously did not expect these types of responses.

7 Likes

He dismissed the thread by dismissing the thread starter’s very valid request for knowledge.

The fact is, if one didn’t already have the knowledge then they’re already too far down the track to change course. Could he circle back into it on the next lap?

More at 11:00 PM.

5 Likes

Hmm… two can play at this game. Shall I be the bigger person and flag you all for going off topic?

Now, before this thread goes off the rails any further and I’ll have to close it: we usually keep an eye out in the case that we need more mods. Right now, we believe our moderator team is the perfect size and balance to keep this forum running nicely, which is why we aren’t actively searching for new moderators to join the team. However, that being said, we look out for active users who participate maturely, set a good example and follow our guidelines when the need for expansion arises.

34 Likes

thank you cameron for answering my question :)

6 Likes