How can I not burn a lot of fuel

I did I had 16 hours for fuel

And the flight is only 14 hours

I don’t know what happened but at this point you should probably divert, it’s not the best idea to land in an IFATC Hub with Emergency fuel. Have you step climbed properly? What aircraft are you flying?

2 Likes

Your best bet would probably have been to stay at FL410, where you burn less fuel.

I did step climb and I am in the B77W

The 77W has a very accurate fuel consumption rate, it might have just been the winds, or you could have started out the flight too high for your weight.

Alright guess I will just change airport

1 Like

Also, you will use less fuel when descending you may be able to make it actually, considering you only need 15 more minutes. It’s up to you, though.

1 Like

Flying at low altitude would help sometimes (depends on jetsteam direction)

Did a 13hr flight with an babybus from Hong Kong to Amsterdam before, flying at FL240 to prevent the strong westerlies :)

1 Like

I always use guide guide for step climbing, it’s very accurate and useful. I recommend it to you, too:

Thanks to @AndrewWu for making it!

1 Like

if the fuel deficit is insignificant just glide to the destination and report emergency fuel but dont report it if the airport is busy because they will make you divert

but if you dont have enough fuel to glide to the destination you have to divert or crash

Nope I won’t make it to KORD I am now going to CYYZ

1 Like

In future, I recommend you use something like simbrief.com to plan your flight. It will give you fuel, altitude(plus stepclimbs), and more good info. Planning fuel properly is quite important - as I am sure you have now realised.

“Failure to plan is planning to fial”

2 Likes

I don’t know how to use that for flight planning

Go to https://fpltoif.com/ and go to the simbrief section then its pretty simple from there as long as you have a simbrief account

You should be making it, after all when resending you save a lot of fuel
Additionally when cruising use negative trim

Remember to trim until the purple line goes away and you also probably started cruising too high when your were too heavy.

Turn your engines off and ✨glide✨

You won’t burn any fuel😌

2 Likes

I don’t know if you made it or not but in the future just know the 777 is capable of one engine flight so drop a few hundred flight levels (maybe to like 200) and shut down one of them. It will take slightly longer to get there but fuel burn will be greatly reduced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.