How Can I Make my IF Setup Better?

Hey there, IFC! I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to make my IF experience/setup better! I currently use:

• IPhone 7 - Used to run the IF app
  • IPad - Too old to run latest version of IF, use for IF Checklists Plus
  • Surface Pro 6 - Used to run the IFC while in-flight

I know that this setup isn’t ideal (using the smallest device to run the app), but it is the best I can do at the present moment. Are there any things that I can do to better utilize these devices to make my IF setup better? I know there are lots of people in the community who know the devices better than I do and can give me good advice!

Also, I was wanting to create some type of flight binder for reference tools and charts - does anyone have links to websites where I can find necessary materials? Any suggestions for what I should include in the binder? Thanks!!

Your setup is good, as long as your iPhone works well with IF (little glitches and lag), also make sure you have the best internet connection by being kind of close to your router.

1 Like

I’d say your setup is quite good!
Maybe in 1/2 years upgrade to an iPad whatever is the best choice for you for the best IF experience

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely! I think an IPad is a goal for the future. Also, I have a Kindle Fire which isn’t compatible with IF or Google, so that is a bummer I guess. I still think that my setup is decent, there are just things I hope I can upgrade!

2 Likes

Your setup is good but I would suggest you use the surface or the iPad to have charts on them like Navigraph or ForeFlight.

2 Likes

Sounds great!! I’ll check them out!

But you should utilize the Surface a little better

1 Like

Yeah definitely!! Just downloaded the Navigraph SimCharts @CaptSauceBoss!!

1 Like

To be honest I use some low end devices but dont have any issues normally because I keep a strong internet connection in 3 months ive only had 1 freeze issue

1 Like

Yeah, for sure! I have no connectivity issues with my devices.

@CaptSauceBoss, does Navigraph cost money? I just want to be sure before I download!

Are there any FREE charts I can use? Both foreflight and navigraph require subscriptions.

Yes, just Google any chart you want and it should be available for free.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!!

1 Like

Another thing to consider is hooking up controls. I know it seems a little overkill because you are currently using IF on your phone, but using a joystick and throttle has brought a lot more realism to the app for me. And a note about Navigraph. I’d say the supscription is definitely worth it, even though it’s around $85(US) per year, as it can be used for other Sims, such as X-Plane, if you every decide to venture over there, to use updated Nav Data, instead of the data from a couple of years ago (the default X-Plane Data).

Gotcha, thanks for the info!!

What joystick do you use? I’m thinking about buying one.

I don’t use one now, but I have done some research and I think I’ll get one in the next few months. I recommend

1 Like

I use the first one listed by @Patrick_Jennings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.