How can I do to reduce the damage for my devices when I am having a long flight

RIP to my iPad screen (bruh)

3 Likes

Turn your brightness down is a main one. Secondly, in the settings there is an option called Interface timeout. Set that to 2 seconds, and click the box just below that option as well to remove all of that on your screen. My third personal tip is to zoom your camera in somewhere where it doesn’t have as much on your screen, maybe into a corner of the aircraft so it is a solid colour. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Make sure to turn all graphics settings to the lowest possible. Set rendering quality and resolution to low, turn off anti-aliasing, and select 30 FPS.

2 Likes

Going along with what @Freddie said, you can go into cockpit view, which might be a TINY bit more straining then zooming in on one color, but its nice if you want a realistic feel, since you do have at least something to look at if you check on your device or something, and it renders less terrain

2 Likes

Also, since you have an Apple device, turn off (through the Settings app) you AirDrop, Personal Hotspot, and Bluetooth and Wifi OR Cellular Data (if you don’t need to use them) as your Ipad will continually be in “search mode” for these things. Also, close all apps you are not actively using so they are not running in the background. Lastly, don’t forget to turn on “Low Power Mode,” I do it all the time on my iPhone12, regardless if I’m on IF or not.

EDIT - Don’t forget to make sure your iPad gets adequate airflow to keep the battery cool

1 Like

Well, he needs wifi to fly

1 Like

Good call, I fixed it.

2 Likes

At this point, I have given up, and I have adapted the following mindset xD:

This Is Fine Its Fine GIF - This Is Fine Its Fine Everything Is Fine - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

When charging overnight/while cruising what wattage is it on? I usually have it on a 5 or 12 watt charger to keep strain low.

1 Like

Ok ic thanks for your professional replay. I will try it tonight!

Ok ic I always stay in 60 fps now I know where is the problem thank you

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know before! I will try it in my next flight!