Hours on WayPoint Times

Hello, IFC,

This feature is to add hours to waypoint times, for example, when flying, you would see:

ABCD: 1:45
ABCE: 2:45
ABCF: 8:37

In this case, it turns out flying from ABCD to ABCE lasts 2 3/4 minutes but flying from ABCE to ABCF is 8 hours and 37 minutes. You would not be able to see the difference!

It would be better if you saw something like this:

ABCD: 1:45
ABCE: 2:45
ABCF: 8:37:12 (to say it takes 8 hours, 37 minutes and 12 seconds to get there.)

What do you think?

Thank You!

Please elaborate…
I’d be willing to vote if you would elaborate

2 Likes

To be able to tell the difference between one hour and one minute during waypoint times.

1 Like

image https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/infiniteflight/optimized/4X/e/d/b/edbe79c3f07cba313a39ca2464a3da7446a15ae7_2_800x600.jpeg
In this picture by @Jan, there are 2 spaces for numbers, not 3.

1 Like

Actually speaking, it doesn’t sound bad…I’ll vote.

1 Like

What’s wrong with just using the “common sense“ check”? If a point is 4,000 NM away, I know it isn’t going to take 8 minutes to reach it…

4 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

It is just much more complicated when you do not have the map and you are looking at the list.

Well, it’s just a small fix and adds up to the experience

Ok, not a small fix, but still

1 Like

Its pretty easy to tell the difference between hours and minutes. With minutes you’ll be able to see the seconds going down compared to hours where it is after every minute the number goes down.

5 Likes

Unless you clock 1,500kts in a fighter 😂

1 Like

Even then, it’s pretty simple math to determine the ETE to a waypoint. This definitely is a feature that could be useful, but there are so many better things the developers could be focusing on.

1 Like