Hope this will make you laugh

I found this online.
I guess it falls under the Real World Aviation category. ;)

29 Likes

B-IRD is on final, runway 16. Pee stop

30 Likes

And that was the last we saw mr. Seagull alive…

Is it particularly sad that I’ve spend the last few minutes trying to ID that bird?! The bill looks too long and sharp to be a gull (note to @Narroc_Wim: there ain’t no such thing as a Seagull what with them being primarily coastal birds that spend little time out at sea like your Guillemots, Razorbills, Puffins, Shearwaters etc. Just Gulls is fine.)

I’m thinking it’s not a UK bird, because I know most of them, so I’m stumped.

And yes I should get out more. Although that’s the problem, I go out, I take binoculars and I inevitably go birdwatching. Maybe I should stay in more?

4 Likes

Haha I just saw that too. What annoyed me was when they were like ‘inbound for runway 99’ 😑

1 Like

I know. It could be any seabird but since this is not a forum for IF not seabirds and not everyone knows what those birds are I said seagulls. I think it’s a booby. It has a long bill, long, webbed feet and the way the wings look.

Aye but seagulls is wrong ;-) And there’s always a place for being a pedantic sod regardless of the forum. It makes you hugely popular and attracts all the girls (and boys depending on preference), you will come to learn this as you get older.

Honest.

And I think you could be right at about it being a Booby. I thought it might be that but I have to be careful what I google at work! Good shout.

2 Likes

Jan unfortunately that didn’t make me laugh

But Dush did, now bed

2 Likes

Please expedite traffic on final!!

Haha! “Speedbird 434 on final, runway 21.”

2 Likes

GoCat is on Final runway 1738, full stop

8 Likes

I would be scared to death!!!

B-IRD is on right downwind runway 16, crap & go.

2 Likes

A picture like this belongs in the thread down below. Funny picture nonetheless.

Necroposting. And I don’t think the aviation memes thread existed when this was posted mate. And it’s also not a meme.

12 Likes