Hong Kong Region

Thanks, DJ!!

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen yet, but the hills and that marker that tells you to turn can be implemented.

3 Likes

How about those exciting plane spotters from all over the world? Would IF Team give them a chance? Ha ha, just kidding~

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

3D buildings plus the hills=Kai Tak

I lived in Hong Kong for quite sometime and goes back around 3 months each time. Some people haven’t even tried 07R approach yet in RL for HKG which is the main airport for the region. Only 07L they’ve tried

2 Likes

There are no skyline buildings at LCY/EGLC, but i still do a steep approach ( unlike some people. So it can work

2 Likes

More realistic if there are buildings though

Well, if there’s a Live ATC controller for the airport, he probably could path the approaching pilots as how the real pilots would flight onto the runway then.

some people wouldn’t understand the approach procedures for Kai Tak, they would just fly straight over the mountains which would really annoy me

2 Likes

It used to be simply amazing to watch the videos of 747 swinging in there and somehow touching straight on the runway. Like people say though, most would just ignore the curves approach and fly straight over the mountain at about 5000fpm descent.

2 Likes

Woooooo we passed 100th comment

Don’t worry I’m an advanced ATC I can teach them XD

1 Like

The HK region would be great! Really dramatic landscape and approaches!

So true about that

1 Like

I want this on the next region update. The airport editing team could actually make the checkerboard.

1 Like

Thanks for 10 likes guys!

Yes the devs need to just dooooooooooo it

1 Like

Passing 20 likes. Awesome!

More comments and thoughts welcome here!

1 Like

Great idea, somewhere in 2013 they where experimenting with buildings and they used Hongkong. It’s on their Facebook page ;)

1 Like

Can u DM me with the post